Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:23 AM   #1

Yo guys, here's some shots for when I went hiking in Idaho Springs yesterday. Suggestions are comments are welcome, enjoy!

treed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2007, 1:29 AM   #2

treed wrote:
Quote:
Yo guys, here's some shots for when I went hiking in Idaho Springs yesterday. Suggestions are comments are welcome, enjoy!
Nice shots. I think something went a bit awry and you repeated the first two shots.

Do you lean to the left? The first three shots seem to be tilted to the left. Now if you meant it well and good, but otherwise it might be something about how you hold the camera. I particularly like the last two shots. The second last in particular is wonderful with the different patterns, colours and textures.

rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:37 PM   #3

rafinmelb wrote:
Quote:
treed wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots. I think something went a bit awry and you repeated the first two shots.

Do you lean to the left? The first three shots seem to be tilted to the left. Now if you meant it well and good, but otherwise it might be something about how you hold the camera. I particularly like the last two shots. The second last in particular is wonderful with the different patterns, colours and textures.

Repeated the first two shots? I don't understand. Well the first shot was meant to be leaned a bit but I don't see how the others are tilted. All of these shots but the last one was on a tripod. Anyway, thanks for the comments on the last two.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 1:28 PM   #4

Nice series TReed. I like the last three shots best. The first is nice but a bit overexposed.

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2007, 1:36 PM   #5

Macnite wrote:
Quote:
Nice series TReed. I like the last three shots best. The first is nice but a bit overexposed.

Emmanuel

Thanks dude! Yeah I mean it might be a bit overexposed. But the wierd thing is in photoshop the histogram was saying it wasen't overexposed. And also next time I do a river shot I'm going to try like a 1/15 or a 1/8 sec to get the water blurred.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 11:36 PM   #6

treed wrote:
Quote:
Repeated the first two shots? I don't understand. Well the first shot was meant to be leaned a bit but I don't see how the others are tilted. All of these shots but the last one was on a tripod. Anyway, thanks for the comments on the last two.
When I looked at these last night, I saw two copies of each of the first two shots. no longer the case. Perhaps my set up was strange.

In relation to the tilt, In the third shot shouldn't the lake water level be horizontal? Don't get me wrong, I love the shot, I just got distracted looking at that water.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2007, 11:49 PM   #7

Nice set of shots. I like the third one best. The dead trees make it.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2007, 12:44 PM   #8

rafinmelb wrote
Quote:

When I looked at these last night, I saw two copies of each of the first two shots. no longer the case. Perhaps my set up was strange.

In relation to the tilt, In the third shot shouldn't the lake water level be horizontal? Don't get me wrong, I love the shot, I just got distracted looking at that water.
Well the reason why the water is kinda tilted is because the ground was too. I tried to get it level but this is the best I could do. At least I still pulled it off. Ohh and by the way, since most people's favorite is pic #3, you can see people hiking up the glacier on the right side of the picture. They show up as little dots lol.

happy_peasant wrote:
Quote:
Nice set of shots. I like the third one best. The dead trees make it.
Thanks man. Yeah I liked how the trees were just sitting there in the lake, it caught my eye.

Old Jun 13, 2007, 11:22 PM   #9

Did you go up around Mt. Evans? BTW.. nice shots just a bit OE..nothing that can't be fixed..

zoomdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2007, 11:33 PM   #10

zoomdaddy wrote:
Quote:
Did you go up around Mt. Evans? BTW.. nice shots just a bit OE..nothing that can't be fixed..

No, we didn't have time. Though I wish we did, it would've been awesome.