Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:23 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
treed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 118
Default

Yo guys, here's some shots for when I went hiking in Idaho Springs yesterday. Suggestions are comments are welcome, enjoy!
















treed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 12, 2007, 1:29 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,336
Default

treed wrote:
Quote:
Yo guys, here's some shots for when I went hiking in Idaho Springs yesterday. Suggestions are comments are welcome, enjoy!
Nice shots. I think something went a bit awry and you repeated the first two shots.

Do you lean to the left? The first three shots seem to be tilted to the left. Now if you meant it well and good, but otherwise it might be something about how you hold the camera. I particularly like the last two shots. The second last in particular is wonderful with the different patterns, colours and textures.


rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:37 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
treed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 118
Default

rafinmelb wrote:
Quote:
treed wrote:
Quote:
Yo guys, here's some shots for when I went hiking in Idaho Springs yesterday. Suggestions are comments are welcome, enjoy!
Nice shots. I think something went a bit awry and you repeated the first two shots.

Do you lean to the left? The first three shots seem to be tilted to the left. Now if you meant it well and good, but otherwise it might be something about how you hold the camera. I particularly like the last two shots. The second last in particular is wonderful with the different patterns, colours and textures.

Repeated the first two shots? I don't understand. Well the first shot was meant to be leaned a bit but I don't see how the others are tilted. All of these shots but the last one was on a tripod. Anyway, thanks for the comments on the last two.
treed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2007, 1:28 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Macnite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,679
Default

Nice series TReed. I like the last three shots best. The first is nice but a bit overexposed.

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2007, 1:36 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
treed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 118
Default

Macnite wrote:
Quote:
Nice series TReed. I like the last three shots best. The first is nice but a bit overexposed.

Emmanuel

Thanks dude! Yeah I mean it might be a bit overexposed. But the wierd thing is in photoshop the histogram was saying it wasen't overexposed. And also next time I do a river shot I'm going to try like a 1/15 or a 1/8 sec to get the water blurred.
treed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2007, 11:36 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,336
Default

treed wrote:
Quote:
Repeated the first two shots? I don't understand. Well the first shot was meant to be leaned a bit but I don't see how the others are tilted. All of these shots but the last one was on a tripod. Anyway, thanks for the comments on the last two.
When I looked at these last night, I saw two copies of each of the first two shots. no longer the case. Perhaps my set up was strange.

In relation to the tilt, In the third shot shouldn't the lake water level be horizontal? Don't get me wrong, I love the shot, I just got distracted looking at that water.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2007, 11:49 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
happy_peasant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,048
Default

Nice set of shots. I like the third one best. The dead trees make it.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2007, 12:44 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
treed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 118
Default

rafinmelb wrote
Quote:

When I looked at these last night, I saw two copies of each of the first two shots. no longer the case. Perhaps my set up was strange.

In relation to the tilt, In the third shot shouldn't the lake water level be horizontal? Don't get me wrong, I love the shot, I just got distracted looking at that water.
Well the reason why the water is kinda tilted is because the ground was too. I tried to get it level but this is the best I could do. At least I still pulled it off. Ohh and by the way, since most people's favorite is pic #3, you can see people hiking up the glacier on the right side of the picture. They show up as little dots lol.


happy_peasant wrote:
Quote:
Nice set of shots. I like the third one best. The dead trees make it.
Thanks man. Yeah I liked how the trees were just sitting there in the lake, it caught my eye.





treed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2007, 11:22 PM   #9
Member
 
zoomdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 49
Default

Did you go up around Mt. Evans? BTW.. nice shots just a bit OE..nothing that can't be fixed..

zoomdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2007, 11:33 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
treed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 118
Default

zoomdaddy wrote:
Quote:
Did you go up around Mt. Evans? BTW.. nice shots just a bit OE..nothing that can't be fixed..

No, we didn't have time. Though I wish we did, it would've been awesome.
treed is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:53 AM.