Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:04 AM   #1

Seeing Greg post Baseball images the other day made me think of this. Cricket pics from a big game recently, plenty of sun and plenty of people to take snaps of. I am not a cricket fan, but the crowd was fun and it was just outside where I work so had to have a walk over and look with my Panasonic FZ30 camera.

All taken in Durham, by the Riverside had a great day taking pics and really wish this sort of thing would happen more where I live as its a lot of fun snapping people.

This forst pic I did before seeing Gregs Baseball composite, strange we both did this at the same time. Cricketers run, not stay in the same place so its hard to capture.

For more info go to this linkie, and a bigger version of that one above is there too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/528147365/

romerojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 17, 2007, 12:32 PM   #2

Those are great! I especially like the third shot!
vaiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2007, 1:05 PM   #3

Nice shots. That is a great sport for layering movement shots. Even if I don't know the rules, I would have a lot offun shooting a match!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2007, 3:01 PM   #4

Thanks.

Yup I have no clue as to what the rules are, just hit the ball is about as much as I know :lol: I am sure complex.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 9:48 PM   #5

Ahh cricket, the worlds only guaranteed insomnia cure! and I know the rules !:lol:

Very nice takes on this. The three women having an ice cream is my favourite shot but the river shot and the shirtless fella talking to the girl are both terrific also. Also the bloke having a scratch is VERY cricket, plenty of time for anything really. All-in all just looks like a great outdoor kind of day. Thanks for sharing.

rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 2:11 AM   #6

Nice set of shots. Know that spot where theyre canoe`ing on the river Wear very well. Well done on the composite shots, very well taken as are the others too

Mark
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2007, 1:52 PM   #7

Well that spot on the river is popular (I get a great view of all of this from my work) and we are getting lots of events hosted here all summer, should be wonderful if I can get into some events. The Cricket was pay only event, so I stayed on the outskirts and didnt go over the fence or it would have cost me cash. I got to see plenty from behind the fence and saved cash :lol: no way I wanted to pay when I could still shoot people for free a few feet further away.

It was packed a week ago for the Regata (boats racing all day ever few minutes) 16000 people! staggering, wish I had went down as it looks like one hell of a day. But I was busy eating out and drinking :-)
Old Jun 18, 2007, 2:38 PM   #8

Nice series Romero. The composite and number 2 shots are my favorites.

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 5:06 PM   #9

Thanks, hey number 2 I like its a shame I didnt try a few more shots of it with different F numbers as the I would have liked the focus to be more overall, like havin the players either more blurred, or in perfect focus. Hard to do with our camera at times.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:58 PM   #10

A nice set of shots. I don't know the rules either but it looks like they are having fun. I like the shot of the folks in chairs who look like they are watching the grass grow.
Steve
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote