Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 24, 2007, 5:28 PM   #1

This is most likely the bird seen in my "Strangest Bird Shots" post. These were next morning and the next pond over. Since I showed him as a golden bird there I thought to share more natural colors. They could call these Great Grayish Herons as far as I am concerned. Very majestic birds though.

1. At rest
[img]%5Bimg%5Dfile:///C:/Users/Steve/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/Users/Steve/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/img]

2. Off to the other side of the pond.

3. In flight

happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 24, 2007, 6:03 PM   #2

Pretty darn nice
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 8:31 PM   #3

Wow, those are awesomeI especially like 2 and 3!
vaiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 9:18 PM   #4

Steve, I do quite envy your bird photography ablilities. Soon you will do a book similiar to C.C. Lockwood.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 10:21 PM   #5

bayourebel wrote:
Quote:
Steve, I do quite envy your bird photography ablilities. Soon you will do a book similiar to C.C. Lockwood.
Then I would have to get serious, probably buy a fancy camera with lenses and a bag to carry them in, etc. Although there are moments when that fast response and higher ISO settings would come in handy I have enough fun with this $300.00 camera to satisfy me.

Glad you like the shots though. Thanks for commenting, and thanks also genece and vaiboy.

Maybe as a side effect of the drought, the birds were easy to take pictures of. I will post some more in the near future. I have birds, gators, cute little bunnys, lizards, even took some people and sunset pictures. And of course the moon. I think I found out my moon problem; I just don't get clear shots in Chicago due to pollution.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote