Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 4, 2007, 12:53 AM   #1

This is a follow up question to my macro lens question of last week. Recommended lenses were Raynox or Nikon lenses. I have one more lens question now. I just received a Pemeraal adapter for my FZ7. This adapter is slightly shorter then the one that came with the camera. That makes no difference to the Oly C-180 tele converter, but for the macro lens; when I zoom out to 12x I get a message to remove the lense cap and turn the camera on again as the lens extends ever so slightly into the tube and makes contact with the camera lens. See picture below.

Will I have a problem like this with either the Nikon or the Raynox lenses?

Under lens picture a few macro shots of interesting insects. All shot on milkweeds.

Back end of lens.

Green Lacewing

Clear-winged moth of some sort.

Long-legged Fly against the sky.

happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2007, 2:07 AM   #2

I have a permaraal adaptor for my fz20 and havent had a problem such as you describe with the raynox lens. One way to overcome the problem with your current lens would be to put a step ring between it and the adaptor to avoid it protruding inwards into the adaptor ( you can get step rings the same thread size on both sides, I have a 52mm to 52mm one spare if thats of any use to you).
Nice shots Steve, especially the Lacewing. Look forward to seeing some shots when you get the new lens

Mark
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:07 AM   #3

Mark H wrote:
Quote:
One way to overcome the problem with your current lens would be to put a step ring between it and the adaptor to avoid it protruding inwards into the adaptor ( you can get step rings the same thread size on both sides,

Mark
Thanks Mark for this useful information. Probably when I get a new lens I won't use old one much, but I will look up a step ring anyway as that sure beats switching adapters.

I hope someday to get better lacewing shots if more come around. Some years they lay eggs on our sumac. A picture of the eggs on those little stalks would be nice also.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote