Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 6, 2007, 1:15 AM   #11

WindRowe wrote:
Quote:
Great shots, Steve. Particularly like the effect you achieved with PP using PSE Paintbucket. Clever to have caught the fly all lit up!
Have not tried much in the way of insect photos, except for a few not-so-good butterfly pix - which made me realize how difficult insect shots are and, therefore, makes me appreciate the quality of yours all the more.
Ah, butterflies. I have a lot of blurred out butterfly shots as they whip through the yard. Now they are a challenge. Even sipping necter they move their wings so fast.
Thanks for commenting.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2007, 2:49 AM   #12

happy_peasant wrote:
Quote:
Keep at it. It's fun. And when the neighbors look at me like I am daft it will be good to know there is at least one other daft person in the world.
Don`t worry Steve, I get the same strange looks from my neighbours when i`m creeping around the garden too :-)

Nice job on that last shot

Mark
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2007, 1:28 PM   #13

Very nice shootin' on a dificult target.
The post PP is my fave.
tinosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2007, 11:27 PM   #14

That's really cool I've never seen a firefly before! I really like the third shot and the edit.

I received my Star-D close up lens yeasturday but I have only just briefly played with it. There's a ton of edge softness at the 4 inch setting and full zoom, by a ton I mean only the center of the picture is really in focus. I'll mess with it some more this weekend but I'm guessing for best results keep it in the 8-12 inchrange and don't use too much zoom.
vaiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2007, 12:40 AM   #15

vaiboy wrote:
Quote:
That's really cool I've never seen a firefly before! I really like the third shot and the edit.

I received my Star-D close up lens yeasturday but I have only just briefly played with it. There's a ton of edge softness at the 4 inch setting and full zoom, by a ton I mean only the center of the picture is really in focus. I'll mess with it some more this weekend but I'm guessing for best results keep it in the 8-12 inchrange and don't use too much zoom.
I don't know if I have that problem because at 12x camera zoom my pictures are out of focus all over. I have best results at lower zooms. That could of course be me.

Thanks for looking and commenting, and thanks also tinosa.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2007, 5:53 AM   #16

This is fantastic shooting Steve. Never seen a firefly, but you showed me beautifully.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote