Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 11, 2007, 12:41 PM   #1

took a side trip to Cape Arago, which is located about 15 miles SW of Coos Bay, Oregon. of course my 30D made the trip as well, but i figured i'd snap a few with the ol' FZ20, just to see how it would do. these came out reasonably well...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2007, 1:20 PM   #2

oh yes. Pics showcase the Leica lense in the best possible way.

Lovely technique!
ckthegreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 1:39 PM   #3

Very nice captures squirl, the scenery seems to be fantastic. I would of loved to see one scenery shot taken with both cameras for comparison!

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 8:05 PM   #4

Macnite wrote:
Quote:
Very nice captures squirl, the scenery seems to be fantastic. I would of loved to see one scenery shot taken with both cameras for comparison!

Emmanuel
ask and ye shall receive, Emmanuel... here are versions of these from the same viewpoint, taken with my 30D and a Tamron SP 24-135 lens... the Canon shoots in 3:2 format, so the images are wider, and it seems to pick up blues a lot more than the FZ, and of course handles the dynamic range a lot better. but the FZ pulls out the reds, which makes it great for sunsets... anyway, here ya go...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:09 PM   #5

Lovely photos indeed. Glad to see you have the 30d back. Looking at the two set of photos, the FZ does seem to compare well. Comparing the photos and looking at the attached data(exif)info, the FZ was in normal program, while the 30d was set in aperture mode, and the focal lengths are not the same. Have you tried comparing photos with both cameras set exactly the same? (Focal length, iso, aperture and speed, as well as from approximately the same position). Just wondering how they would compare all things being equal, in that regard.

Of course, I am not sure if the above can be done. Just thought it would be interesting to see such a comparison.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:20 PM   #6

bayourebel wrote:
Quote:
Lovely photos indeed. Glad to see you have the 30d back. Looking at the two set of photos, the FZ does seem to compare well. Comparing the photos and looking at the attached data (exif)info, the FZ was in normal program, while the 30d was set in aperture mode, and the focal lengths are not the same. Have you tried comparing photos with both cameras set exactly the same? (Focal length, iso, aperture and speed, as well as from approximately the same position). Just wondering how they would compare all things being equal, in that regard.

Of course, I am not sure if the above can be done. Just thought it would be interesting to see such a comparison.
In fact, that sounds like a good excuse to go back there if you want to. :-)

That seconc shot is my favorite. Everything comes together for me in that one.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 2:03 AM   #7

Beutiful shots. Love the little light house in the second.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2007, 3:53 PM   #8

Very lovely scenery.. Nice place to visit.. Lumix FZ series cameras are rewally great cameras.. especially for landscapes.. I have been using mine for less than a month, but I love it already..

You have done a great work here..
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote