Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 24, 2007, 11:26 AM   #1

Hi,

I'm interested in buying the TZ3 from Panasonic in black, but after seeing a few good sales in the past couple of months, they've been harder to find. Circuit City no longer has them on their website, and Best Buy is sold out online, too. I've seen them only at Costco lately. The silver model seems to be easier to find, and the blue model extremely difficult. From what I understand, this camera isn't that old, so does someone have a good idea as to why this is? I don't know where to look for information on the 'phasing out' of certain models. (Maybe it's because I'm just looking at everywhere except where I'd pay full retail... ah, the drawbacks of being cheap.)

Thanks!

Quique
Quique is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2007, 10:15 PM   #2

This model is definitely not being phased out. It has receievd many good reviews and simply seems to be a hot seller this summer. I purchased a black one for myself and a friend was admiring it, and wanted one, as well. However, she wanted it in silver. We both called around and the only place that had it was our local Best Buy. Everyone else was sold out (regardless of color). When we picked it up, the salesman indicated that he only had one additional camera left and that Best Buy was increasing the price from $329 to $349 once their new supply arrives.

I had quite a few other pocket cams in the past and absolutely love my new Panasonic. If it only had a viewfinder, it would be perfect. The 10X optical Leica wide angle lense sold me on it.
TTT103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2007, 11:51 PM   #3

TTT103,

I appreciate the reply and I guess I'll not give up. I'm glad to hear of your good experience with the camera. I too, wish that it had an optical viewfinder so that I could save on battery life, but am glad to be upgrading from my old Kodak digital camera that resets itself if I squeeze it too much...
Old Jul 25, 2007, 8:08 PM   #4

Why not purchase it online? Beach Audio has it for $305 shipped and Circuit City has it for 320 or so, plus tax and shipping.
Zelucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2007, 8:44 PM   #5

Thanks for the reply Zelucifer. I found that Circuit City had it in store and used a coupon to get it for $303 incl. taxes. The battery is charging right now, can't wait to use it!
Old Jul 26, 2007, 9:39 AM   #6

I'm glad you were able to find one, and for a good price. I previously had the TZ1 (5MP - 10X zoom)and really liked that camera, as well. Prior to that I was a Canon and Nikon person, but felt that Nikon really started to decline with their pocket rockets. I do like Canon, but was intrigued with the Panasonic/Leica relationship. I had never considerd Panasonic a real player in the digicam market. Boy was I wrong. Their TZ1 was a fantastic camera. Unfortunately, my lack of willpower resulted in the purchase of the TZ3. They really made some tremendious strides between their TZ1 and TZ3.
TTT103 is offline   Reply With Quote