Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 30, 2007, 1:25 AM   #1

The family buys season passes to the Bristol Renaissance Faire in Kenosha Wisconsin, and we try and get our monies worth. The young ones wander with friends, the Mom shops and sees shows, and I take lots of pictures. Here are a few recent ones. Just a few. Clicking on any picture will take you to a flickr set, and around that are others.

1. Brin, who works at the hat shop and is a walking ad for their wares.

2. The Autumn Fairy: one of the Fantastikals

3. Dragonfly Fantastikal

4. Dragon and a small patron doing some synchronized twirling.

5. Jinx is a rather large character. The dancer is on a small stage with stairs.

6. The ship is the Dreadnaught, new last year. Sunset is from the parking lot.

happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2007, 1:49 AM   #2

Looks like heaps of fun.....'all the fun of the fair'...and you had a nice day for it by the looks of that sunset.....but my favourites are #2 & #3. Nice portraits. #2 has lovely side lighting which adds to the costume, and I just love the in-charecter expression in #3
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2007, 3:08 AM   #3

Thanks for look and comment Rafael. Although you like 2 and 3 as portraits, number 1 is a "real" portrait. Why? you might ask: because I used the portrait setting on the camera so it must be a portrait. Brin, my daughter and a friend were my subjects for the first ever use of that setting.

So far this season the days have been fine. A little hot and humid sometimes, but fine. Last year on the last day it rained so hard they had to use tractors to get some of the cars out of the ruts in the parking lot.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote