Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 4, 2007, 1:02 AM   #1

caught these guys out for a spin in their V-8 powered "drag boat" this afternoon,- i think they were mainly showing off for the gals on the beach. considering the price of gas, and the rate at which one of these things sucks fuel, i'd guess the owner has more cents than sense, but that's just my own opinion! anyway, he was throwing up quite a plume behind him, and i caught him coming straight toward me... FZ20 at 12x, with 1.4x converter...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 4, 2007, 8:21 AM   #2

But it looks like fun....

That photo demonstrates one of my main dislikes of the FZ20, how it misses the true water color so often, and also the blue cast in the shadows.....IMHO much worse than the other FZs.

Most people blame the WB but I never felt that is really the problem, what do you think squirl?

Did you remove the cast from the roostertail and boat?
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2007, 10:01 AM   #3

Gene, the only PP done on this one was a bit of cropping and resizing... where i find the FZ20 misses the mark is in the blue of the sky, but not all the time. it tends to produce a somewhat yellowish cast in bright blue sky that can be annoying...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2007, 5:39 PM   #4

That is a condition I have seen with the FZ20 especially ......not that all cameras can not miss like that at times but my FZ20 was really worse than my FZ30 or the handful of other cameras I have tried.

And most blame the WB but with the spray being white, I do not think it has anything to do with W.B.

I did mean to say I like the photo.....
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2007, 10:13 PM   #5

Nice capture Squirl. I thought that there are rules and regulations in public places concerning motor boats and speed.

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote