Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 5, 2007, 6:36 PM   #1

I know you are probably bored by the little show offs in the back yard but what the heck, "they were there!". Apart from that I had another unsuccessful afternoon trying to get a decent shot of the eastern spinebills that visit the garden in the afternoon.

I think all Tcon (I did take it off for a bit when they let me get closer, but then I forgot which was which). A cloudy day, only got 1/40 on that first one which I was pretty happy with considering it is hand held at maximum zoom, I think 1/80 is fastest I got, all wide open aperture (ie 3.7). Gotta love OIS. Even though the shots aren't tack sharp they are OK and OIS must claim some of the kudos for getting the shot.

--
Rafael (eFZed30)
http://rafael.zenfolio.com/ (referral code on my page)

rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 5, 2007, 7:46 PM   #2

Very nice Rafael, at those speeds the least movement of the bird will cause some loss of sharpness.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2007, 5:47 AM   #3

Thanks Ted. You are right and of course OIS cannot fix subject movement.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 7:42 PM   #4

Anything they might lack in sharpness is more then compensated for by prettiness. I envy you your birds. Although, I did recently take a shot of a cocketiel in a tree across the alley. Problem was he was about 40 or more feet up.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2007, 8:16 PM   #5

Thanks Steve....don't envy us, come and visit, I am sure you would get your fill of beutiful bird shots. I feel a bit of pity for that cokatiel, they are native to the outback (desert) places of australia so your winters would be a hard slog for them even indoors.