Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 9, 2007, 10:05 AM   #1

I have been too long.. I would like to share some images with you.. The more I use Fz50, the more I like it! [line][line][line][line][line][line]For me an FZ50 is a really amazing camera..
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2007, 10:09 AM   #2

Some very beautiful images, and yes the FZ-50 is an amazing camera regardless of what the detractors say. I have owned a FZ-15, a FZ-30 and now an FZ-50 and it is a much better camera than the FZ-15 and as good as the FZ-30.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2007, 10:11 AM   #3

A few more.. the same hour, but another direction (more or less), from the same point though.. [line][line][line][line][line][line]These photos are taken a few days ago. Garda lake in Nothern Italy.. Garda village.. I love the light in this place..

Thanks for having a look!
Old Aug 9, 2007, 10:13 AM   #4

hmm.. tcook.. can you tell about the negative things told about FZ50? any examples.. It is interesting for me too..
Old Aug 9, 2007, 1:22 PM   #5

These are all very nice. A very scenic spot it is. My favorite is the first one. The shot makes me wish I was sitting in that little structure watching the lake
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2007, 7:51 PM   #6

One of the most debated aspects of the FZ-50 has been the image quality when compared to the other FZ cameras. Specifically the amount of image noise and the loss of detail due to the in camera noise reduction. Having owned and used most all of the FZ cameras I find very little difference if any in the image quality or noise problems. The FZ-50 is not without some problems but then no camera is including DSLRS. It's a great camera, enjoy it.

DigitalGal wrote:
Quote:
hmm.. tcook.. can you tell about the negative things told about FZ50? any examples.. It is interesting for me too..
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2007, 8:31 PM   #7

Very nice spot digitalgal...#2&4 from the first set and #3 from the second stand out for me. Glad you are enjoying the FZ50. I suspect all cameras have their pluses and minuses but the FZ50 sure delivers some good results for people who take the time to learn and use it where it is best suited. These shots are living proof.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2007, 9:42 PM   #8

Thank you for sharing your ideas!

Yes, I agree, every camera has it's own charm.. I still use my old sony V1.. but FZ50 is getting a forehand now.. I love it! An excellent landscape camera.. Sure.. I do enjoy it!

about the image quality.. a bit of history.. I was looking for the new camera.. as a sony lover I really was excited avout a description of H9.. but.. I just couldn't believe it is a sony camera delivering such a bad image quality.. I couldn't believe until I didn't try myself.. incredible.. so I was definately refusing it.. the image quality reminds me photos that I was getting with sony camcorder in 2004 (1,2 megapixels)..

I made another choice between Fuji s9600 and FZ50.. FZ50 won because of battery, LCD and lens (It stays inside the corpus, while zoomed, so no dust enters ever..).. I am happy with it!

Have a great weekend! And holidays!