Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 9, 2007, 10:50 AM   #1

I have tried FZ50 in camera setting for B&W shots.. a few plants under my window, in courtyard.. lazy shooting.. hehe.. palama, rosmarino, lavender..
[line][line]
[line][line][line]Still exploring all the settings available..
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2007, 7:58 PM   #2

Try everything you can with the camera and have fun, it's the best way to learn. I hope I never stop having fun and learning.
To me, except for the first shot, there is not enough contrast for B&W shots. Of course someone else may think just the opposite.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2007, 8:28 PM   #3

I like them. I must admit I never use the B&W feature on teh camera, Lightroom makes it so easy to do that I leave it to PP. #2 works best for me.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2007, 9:08 PM   #4

There is enough contrast in all of them that I can tell I would not mind having the view from your window. Number one does stand out though.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2007, 9:30 PM   #5

Thank you for your comments.. I was curious to hear from you! As to me.. there is really too little contrast.. a bit of work on PC might help though.. haven't really tried yet.. and all the plants are the same green hue.. I was testing a capability of FZ50 to handle this (in a midday sun moreover)..

I'll upload one more image in B&W with different light and more contrast itself.. I think I have got a camera confused with all this green stuff..

Here it is!
[line][line]Not really bad, I think..
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2007, 2:04 PM   #6

That last shot is pretty good. One reason to take pictures in normal mode and then process them to black and white would be to have the colored original if you want it in the future. I would not mind having this shot in natureal colors as I am a fan of earth tones and this would be full of them.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2007, 11:12 PM   #7

To me this last shot is a much better subject for B&W. I seldom use B&W but I do think for certain scenes B&W can make a very dramatic shot.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote