Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 24, 2007, 1:05 PM   #11

hmm.. ineresting topic.. I do speak Italian.. but can't find any info related to this on their site.. having a fast look.. I'll be back next week with more time.. I am off for a weekend.. Have fun!

PS. This is an article about L10.. I can see in photo.. It seems to be a real 'monster'.. and their site for an archive is updated only until March.. :S
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2007, 2:43 PM   #12

There is a thread devoted to the L10 in dpreview.
It is purportedly a pre-production model of Panasonic's rumoured new budget dslr to be introduced in Berlin at the end of the month.
There do not seem to be many details about the specs ... but a lot of speculation and interesting commentary on dpreview. It's worth taking a look. Here's a link - http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=24476785
WindRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 1:32 AM   #13

Thanks Windrowe! Cam looks interesting but I am an indentured servant of Canon now, so I won't be getting into another system unless I "hit it big". Contemplating on buying the FZ50, I do have the FZ30 after all, but if they don't come out with2007's answer to the FZ50 I might just check it out. What do y'all think?
Hank355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 1:43 AM   #14

Hey if you own an FZ30 and it aint broke, I'd wait. Of course I am a chepskate and keep my sneakers till they are falling apart.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 9:32 AM   #15

I agree with Rafael. I have an FZ50 and am very happy with it. But, judging from posts on this and other forums, the FZ30 is very little different. The IQ on the FZ30 would seem to be slightly better, the functionality not quite as good. But, if I were in your position, I would not upgrade yet ... rather wait until we know what Panny will do to upgrade the FZ50. An announcement would seem to be unlikely before July next year.
WindRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 12:40 PM   #16

You guys are probably right. I just get nervous being that I must have shot over 200k pics with the camera and who knows how much Panasonic will charge me for a new shutter. Who knows, maybe it will stand the test of time....
Old Aug 27, 2007, 3:15 PM   #17

200,000 photos with a FZ30.....Man I thought I had a lot at 50,000.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2007, 9:57 PM   #18

Hank355 wrote:
Quote:
You guys are probably right. I just get nervous being that I must have shot over 200k pics with the camera and who knows how much Panasonic will charge me for a new shutter. Who knows, maybe it will stand the test of time....
Wow that is a lot of shots. I am up to just over 9000 in about a year.

Does anyone know how many shots the FZ30 shutter is rated for?
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2007, 10:46 PM   #19

I do a lot of candid work. Pics of my kids running rampant, etc. Do some modelling work. I keep my fps to infinity and just shoot away, almost as if I am doing a moving film. It does start to slow down after 10frames or so. So I stop when it gets really choppy. I just bought an Apricorn 750gigexternal HD wih eSATA connection, so I am going to put all of my photos on that drive to free up space on my internal drives. I read an article in one of the computer magazines giving Apricorn one of the highest ratings and fastest drives out there. WD was the slowest, I couldn't believe it being that I only buy WD. But I get it more for their reliability and I have never had a WD drive crash on me yet. And the Apricorn is also one of the cheapest drives (no I don't work for them, or anyone, but myself! - just figured y'all could use some more storage!). I will admit that the first external drive I got from them I used with my laptop and a pc card with the eSATA connection. A strange thing would happen when I would transfer large files. About 17gigs into a 20 gig file, the HD's red power light would shut off, the laptop would freeze. For up to 30 seconds, then everything would pick up again, no loss of file (s) and it transferred everything without a hitch but that one. It was weird. Haven't hooked it up to my desktop and I will wait for the new drive. I have a feeling that the snafu was with my laptop, it is an old Toshiba which I updated with a 7200rpm drive and maxxed out the ram @ 1gig. I just ordered the new drive, so I will let everyone know how it is, and back to my pics, exactly how many pics I took with the FZ30 and also with the FZ20.