Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 15, 2007, 2:36 PM   #1

Just a few macros. The first two I find grab me even though not technical marvels. I welcome other's opinions on them. The third one is for those with a sense of humor, and the fourth is a nice nature shot which stretched my lenses to the limit. I did not even see the prey until looking at the picture.

1. I just like this pose. Blue Dasher female. Very little cropping, background (leaves) washed out with paint bucket tool.

1. The leading wing edge and antenna are the sharpest focus, but the shot appeals to me even though the eye is off a bit. Uncropped. Only editing one click of auto-sharp.

3. Impolite gesture in disguise.

4. Damselfly with something. I need to figure out species for this damselfly as I see them now and then and they are quite photogenic. Full fly shot cropped to show prey.

happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2007, 7:09 PM   #2

I love the composition of 1, I might try for a crop that gives a more central position. I know it is anathema to photography composition, but I think it works here.

The second did not grab me as much, the softness was a bit of a distraction here.

I laughed at your rude gesture. I can just hear my daughter, when she was young, saying "The man has butterflies on his rude finger".

Another great nature capture on 4.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 9:25 PM   #3

Great shots, Happy! The damsel looks like a Red Bluet (Enallagma pictum), but my field guide isn't the best for damselflies. I had to do alot of digging online to identify the damsels I found around here, there were 7-8 species that were nearly identical and the final ID came down to the markings on the tail.
vaiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 8:27 PM   #4

Beautiful colors on the first one and nice PP work.
The rude gesture is unique. Great captures Steve.
tinosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2007, 9:59 PM   #5

Thanks for commenting Rafael, vaiboy and tinosa. We just made a trip taking the daughter to college and I picked up a Black Swallowtail male. He climbed right on that same finger. I guess butterflies like that one.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2007, 12:54 AM   #6

Good ones Steve, I like the third one despite the gesture.:lol:
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote