Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 12, 2007, 3:27 PM   #1
Ige

I got my new FZ50 today and had to try it. But when looking at the photos afterwards it seems that the colors are smeard out in a way. Detail is not there. I have not change any presets and ISO is 100. Please look at the attached pics and give me some feedback. The FZ50 should take better photos than these, (the FZ10 did!).
Attached Images

Ige is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2007, 3:28 PM   #2
Ige

And here is anoter one
Attached Images

Old Sep 12, 2007, 6:45 PM   #3
Ige

Now Idiscovered that the digital zoom was 4x. Will that have something to say ???
Old Sep 12, 2007, 7:09 PM   #4

Hi,
The pictures have a bad quality.
Switch the digitalzoom to 1x and hopefully you will see a better result.

Klaus
kklaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2007, 1:06 AM   #5
Ige

A friend own a FZ30 and that one takes superb pictures. Is the FZ30 a better camera, (takes better pictures?). If so, will it be smart of me to send back the FZ50 and buy a used FZ30 ?
Old Sep 13, 2007, 8:02 AM   #6

Take off the digital zoom , that is a lot of the problem.......also until you get more familiar with the camera......put the ISO on auto....

If by chance you have continuous AF turned on ....turn it off.......also if you are using 3 or 9 pt AF put that on one area or one area HS. Also put the NR on low.

I am sure the FZ50 will take much better photos than those....if you were not using a hood start using it......and while you say the camera is on default settings....it is not or it would not be in digital zoom.

I used almost all the same settings on my FZ30 that I did on my FZ10 except I do prefer CW metering with the FZ30.......Believe me, regardless of what some say, the FZ50 will take better photos than the FZ10.

I would get the settings set back to the defaults and start over and use either P mode or aperture priority.

While its possible you have a bad FZ50 it is more likely that you have a couple settings messed up.

While I prefer my FZ30 to a FZ50... in the type of photos you posted, the FZ50 is at least the equal to the FZ30 and most likely takes better photos. I do not like the way the NR on the FZ50 effects animal fur, but thats the only part that I feel the FZ30 better.

You just need to get familiar with the FZ50 .....do not try to use it the same way as the FZ10 as the metering and focus is different on the FZ50 (and it is better).

That is not to say someone can not take as good or better photos with a FZ10 but as a turn it on and snap a photo, the FZ50 is much easier to use. ANd it gets wonderful results if you permit it to do so.

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2007, 5:36 PM   #7
Ige

Thanks for these instructions. It is another camera now. This pic is taken freehand 12x zoom ISO 1oo. Even though it is scaled down and redused jpeg quality I think it is very good (colors and sharpness). But I have another question: Which stabilizing mode do you use: Mode1 or Mode2 ?
Attached Images

Old Sep 13, 2007, 9:19 PM   #8

genece wrote:
Quote:
If by chance you have continuous AF turned on ....turn it off.......
If you don't mind my asking, why would you say this? Reason I ask is I tend to keep mine on when shooting birds. Of course I have an FZ7 and maybe there is a difference.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:57 PM   #9

I use mode 2 on my FZ-50. I have owned both the FZ-50 and the FZ-30 and both are great cameras.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 5:37 AM   #10

Go with MODE 2: in general it is more effective on the pics and takes away less energy from the battery than MODE 1

www.francescoraffaele.com

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote