Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 18, 2007, 3:51 PM   #1

I usually keep my settings at normal except for occasionally changing Saturation to high, but decided to use a couple cards worth of shots with Noise Reduction on low. So, for camparison purposes I went to the lake to shoot shore birds that I have been shooting the last few days. None to be found though as this falcon was taking a bath.

After the falcon left a few plovers appeared. I shot this Golden Plover as I had not photographed him before.

Plover at ISO 80. Falcons were all taken at ISO 100. Aperture Priority and a monopod used for all shots. It was bright enough for ISO 80 but camera was set for 100 when I saw the falcon and changing settings was the farthest thing from my mind at the moment. An Oly C-180 tele converter was used, and photos were run through Neat Image.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 18, 2007, 4:16 PM   #2

Steve-

Those are really great photos! You gave the trusty FZ-7 a real workout. But the results are wonderful. Congratulations!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2007, 4:28 PM   #3

Thanks Sarah.

Last time I shot one of these birds it was below 10 degrees, the bird was a lot farther away, and I did not have a tele converter, so I was glad to come across this one.

To see some cold shots, click below. (Warning to the squeamish; dead pigeon included.)

http://flickr.com/photos/happy_peasa...7594548527099/
Old Sep 18, 2007, 6:50 PM   #4

I like these shots you got in close and compostion is well done and no distracting background

John
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2007, 10:16 PM   #5

boyzo wrote:
Quote:
I like these shots you got in close and compostion is well done and no distracting background

John
Thanks John. I really am getting fond of shoreline shots as Lake Michigan makes such a great backdrop for my subjects.