Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 28, 2007, 5:25 AM   #11

I still have my FZ1 along with several of the other FZ models. I don't use it that much now but I let my mother-in-law borrow it to take pictures when she and her husband go on trips.

Just a humble opinion but I think any FZ model with a constant f2.8 throughout the zoom range is an excellent camera and a long term keeper that has a better zoom lens on it than many have with their newer compact point-n-shoot or dslr camera.
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 5:59 AM   #12

Hi,

I sold mine (upgraded into FZ1v2) a couple of years ago, but my FZ page is still available (FZ1 & FZ5) at http://www.christophevlaminck.net/fz1.html

Xophe
Xophedebx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2007, 2:48 PM   #13

WOW, pretty nice page for the new FZx users.
Troy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2007, 3:17 PM   #14

rodo wrote:
Quote:
Some cameras are a bit special I believe.My first good digital camera was th FZ2 andI still have it as well as a FZ20 , I may sell the FZ20 though as Ive allways thought it is no better needs a sharpen sometimesmaybe not as good as the the superb FZ2 why is that ?I could neverunderstand.

Thinking of getting the FZ18:love: WHEN the price comes below £200 after Christmas but the FZ 2 will allways be with me till I cant get a new battery or dies .My latest cam N-D40:? with just a couple of lenses KIT +VR 55-200is also anouther one I just love now like the FZ2 sharp straight out of the camera ditto F31:G for my pocket cam.
I just did pick up an FZ8 to play with. It wasa store demo that was very very cheap so I thought I'd try it out. Great little camera much like the FZ3 was but I think I'll be selling it off for a TZ3 as a carry around camera.

I've got a whole assortment of dslr's these days including an IR converted 20D but sometimes they're just too big to carry places. The FZ line is being stepped on a bit by the TZ's and considering the reletive small size of the TZ I may just have to go that route.

I think I may actually loan out my FZ1 to an art teacher friend who may get some good use from it taking IR shots.
Troy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote