Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 3, 2007, 3:41 PM   #1

Just out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone here still uses the FZ1? I had just gone out with it last week for some infrared shots and thought I'd look around here for a few more but I don't see too many posts about this little camera here.

This was taken a couple years back. I have not gotten around to converting any of the recent shots. Also, I ran across this linkjust today whichgot me to come here and look around again.

http://www.pixinbw.com/
Attached Images

Troy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 3, 2007, 7:31 PM   #2

Hi Troy

There were quiet a few that had the FZ1, from memory fred (fmoore), Nicktrop and boyzo to name a few that had the first Fluzie. I'm suprised that no ones posted a few shots.

I still have my FZ10, although both it and the Oly E1 dont; get as much attention as they need to,

Cheers

HarjTT

:? :O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2007, 7:37 PM   #3

I sold mine to my sister-in-law and she uses it all the time. Some times I wish I had kept it.

DonR
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 4:10 AM   #4

I still have mine and use it. I did do the upgrade to FZ1v2. I will be sad when it finally comes to its end. I use it mostly for infrared or candid shots in the city and wot not.

To me the best Fluzi of the bunch. I still have my FZ10 and FZ20 and may sell the FZ20 though.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 12:11 PM   #5

I do remember those guys. I have been ignoring my FZ1 for some time now but really wanted to get back to some infrared shooting so I had pulled it out for a walk during lunch last week and really enjoyed the ir shooting.

I don't think I can sell mine, though I would like something that was a little better with IR but just can't justify the cost of a dedicated IR camera when I still have this baby.

vIZ,

I still havea friend that has a FZ20 and loves it to this day. Great camera's!

I'll have to process some shots and get back here with them.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 1:17 PM   #6

Troy,

Until I get around to getting a more pocketable Panny (TZ4/5/?), I still use my FZ1v2 when biking as it is fanny-packable a whole lot easier than my FZ20. And, coincidently, I just posted two SmugMug galleries of my recent bike trip to Martha's Vineyard after the summer hordes had left.

Biking Martha's Vineyard -- September 2007: http://rschofield.smugmug.com/gallery/3489005

and

The Gingerbread Housed of Oak Bluffs: http://rschofield.smugmug.com/gallery/3489236

[Edit: spell checked]

--
Dick
http://rschofield.smugmug.com/

rschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2007, 4:30 PM   #7

I wish I had time for spellcheck...lol

I purchased a TZ1 for my Mother-in-law last year and played with it for a week or so before packaging it up for her. Wonderfull little camera. A bit noisy but built solid, reletively fast, nice zoom range, small and easy to carry. She LOVES it.

About to look through your galleries...
Old Oct 5, 2007, 11:33 PM   #8

OK, nothing special here, but this is a shot of the place that the wife and I were married from across the pond. Our ceremony was just in front of the building on the waters edge.

FZ1 infrared with R72 filter, ISO 200, 1/15, f2.8, hand held and a red blue color swap
Attached Images

Old Oct 20, 2007, 1:21 PM   #9

Hi
I still have my old FZ1. Haven't played with it for along time but am thinking about doing some IR shots with it for fun. Have been mostly shooting with me Z15 and have just gone to a Z30. Costly addiction this Pany fever. Anyone have good tips on IR? I know very little about it. Also if anyone's interested I will be selling the Z15 as well as an Olympus E-10.
FuZzy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 4:31 AM   #10

Some cameras are a bit special I believe.My first good digital camera was th FZ2 andI still have it as well as a FZ20 , I may sell the FZ20 though as Ive allways thought it is no better needs a sharpen sometimesmaybe not as good as the the superb FZ2 why is that ?I could neverunderstand.

Thinking of getting the FZ18:love: WHEN the price comes below £200 after Christmas but the FZ 2 will allways be with me till I cant get a new battery or dies .My latest cam N-D40:? with just a couple of lenses KIT +VR 55-200is also anouther one I just love now like the FZ2 sharp straight out of the camera ditto F31:G for my pocket cam.
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote