Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 22, 2007, 6:35 PM   #21
Administrator

Post the pics and find out. ;-)

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2007, 6:45 PM   #22

WindRowe wrote:
Quote:
Have been away on a sailing vacation in Turkey. Got back recently and was disappointed to see the reduction in traffic on this forum. I monitor both Steve's and dpreview. Steve's generally seems to have, or used to have, more interesting photos. dpreview is more technical. I like both.
I had planned to post some pix once I've finished selecting the "keepers". But I now wonder if there would be any interest.
Well, I will look at them at least. And maybe the others who posted in this thread.
Steve
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2007, 6:53 PM   #23

I think there's always interest in seeing new images. If I understood the complaints correctly, there's still a lot of foot traffic, just not enough replies/comments leftto the postings (i.e. 80 people browsing a particulartopic but only two taking the time to write something about it). In my opinion, when users post every picture they take without being the least selective, the participants will little by little start to ignore those postings (unless they really show some outstanding work). So, I think we have to be careful not to blow things out of proportion. Historically, Steve's forums have been very friendly and most members will leave nice, positive feedback even if the quality of the work is below average. This behaviour certainly does not exist at dpreview. If you post a mediocre image, you'll get nasty comments, period. Well, maybe people here are tired of writing up positive comments to below average entries and instead of leaving rude comments, they are simply ignoring them altogether. I don't know...just pure speculation on my side.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2007, 11:54 PM   #24

Let's just start posting more and commenting more on each others work. I think that's the best way to get the traffic back.

Here's a couple of shotsfrom a balloon fest here a couple of weeks ago. Hope you enjoy.

DonR

d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:20 AM   #25

Nice balloons. I am partial to that first shot.

As far as getting people here, I get a fair number of people from the Illinois bird group who like my pictures and are camera shopping. I always tell them about Steve's Digicam site, this forum, and the What Camera Should I Buy forum. Who knows; some of them may come here and join up.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 1:12 AM   #26

Both shots are verynice but I prefer the first one. I'm not sure I like the advertisementson the balloons. BTW, what camera did you use?
Old Oct 23, 2007, 3:48 AM   #27

I like both of those shots Don.Hot air balloons arent something we see a lot of where I live.

Mark H
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 3:58 PM   #28

Even though I haven't been out and taking many pics of my ownthe last few months , I still like to check on on this group and their posts from time to time. Learned a lot from everyone, and gotten even more in terms of inspiration.

Just to post something, using one of my favourites which I tooka while back :|

Attached Images

suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 4:42 PM   #29

Favorite with a reason! Great capture.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 4:47 PM   #30

As Tullio said, a great bird and great shot.