Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 23, 2007, 4:41 AM   #1

As I mentioned elsewhere I decided to upgrade to an fz50, replacing my battered old fz20 which has now taken over 15,000 images.
Here are a few random shots taken while testing the "50".

After shooting macros for so long its nice to shoot some different subjects, and so far i`m really pleased with the IQ of the fz50.

More pics here.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Mark H
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2007, 8:49 AM   #2

Lovely series Mark

Liu
mcliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 9:53 AM   #3

Looks like you already have the FZ50 down. Very nice shots. I liked the other shots on flickr also.

DonR
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 11:29 AM   #4

Thanks Liu and thanks Don. I`ve also started using Lightroom to process shots too which i think makes a big difference.Even though its primarily a Raw conversion program its very good for processing jpegs.All the shots on here, and Flickr were processed in Lightroom.

Mark H
Old Oct 23, 2007, 10:08 PM   #5

Nice series of shots Mark. The first is my favorite, it's just a nice place to look at. I am just the opposite of you, it has been so long since I shot many macro shots that I am having withdrawals.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 4:04 AM   #6

Thanks Ted.I`m sure by next spring my enthusiasm for macro shooting will return.On a more leisurely scale though, as this year I shot so many as i was still learning the ropes so to speak.
Re that first building shot....there are a few nice old buildings where I took that shot, and i plan to return and shoot a few more.Watch this space....

Mark H
Old Oct 24, 2007, 5:20 PM   #7

Nice series, Mark. (I also checked out your FZ50 pix in flickr).
Glad to hear you are enjoying your FZ50. You certainly seem to have lost no time in getting the measure of your new camera.
Just got back from a month-long sailing vacation in Turkey where I took quite a wide variety of FZ50 shots - landscapes, seascapes, buildings, casual street scenes, people, indoors, etc- and was generally very pleased with the versatility of the camera. Did not have much opportunity to use a tripod - the I.S. therefore served me well. I found the 35mm to 420mm focal range to be plenty. (During the trip, I never felt any need to go beyond 420mm and only twice felt any need to go wider than 35mm). It seems to me that the camera strikes a nice balance between ease of use and degree of control - at least for the kind of photography I mostly do.
Cheers.
WindRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2007, 7:12 PM   #8

Thanks Robin. I`m very pleased with the fz50 so far.Took a short while to get used to the manual zoom but its second nature now. I just keep forgetting about features like the swivel lcd and exposure comp button a lot of the time, which are both very handy for certain shots.The front and rear control dials are a godsend.
Look forward to seeing some of your shots...

Mark H
Old Oct 25, 2007, 5:59 AM   #9

Wonderful pictures
ZorroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2007, 6:58 AM   #10

Thanks Zorrox glad you liked them.

Mark H