Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 29, 2007, 12:36 AM   #1

Hi,

Have not dropped by for a while. Thought I would give you a selection of October shots

on a weekend down the coast

a favourite coffee haunt

abstract

Closing time at the Library

Dude!

rock rose

sulphur crested cockatoo

walkin' the dog

Sunset on Mt Dandenong

a kookaburra at night...i was pleased with this 1s exposure

rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2007, 5:33 AM   #2

Great selection of shots Emmanual.I recognise at least 2 POTDs there also. Love the combination of movement and static sharp subjects in the 2nd shot, it really suits the sepia tone too.
I find pic 8 a bit confusing on the eyes though, in the upper half of the image, due to the background being a bit too in-focus.

Mark H
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 8:50 AM   #3

Looks like you had a good month. Every shot is spot on but I agree with Mark on "walkin' the dog". It would be a lot nicer if the background were out of focus.

DonR
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 1:56 PM   #4

A great selection of shots Rafael, I particularly like the polished look to the rocks in the foreground in the first shot, the interesting perspective on the third shot (I have yet to figure out what it is), and the great 3D effect of the eighth shot.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 3:48 PM   #5

Great street photography, and the dude is just too cool !
Walkin' the dog, it wasn't until I took a second look I realized there are 6 dogs and 6 chicks not 5.
I like the golden sunset silhouettes because you've captured their enthusiasm in a sharp yet minimalist way.
Really enjoyed this series.

BTW what is that abstract ?
tinosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 4:58 PM   #6

Thanks Mark, Don Ted and tinosa for your kind words and interest....

firstly the abstract: It is the side of a bridge over a railway line. The black thinks are lights that shine on the bridge to light it up, the yellow things are like disks that form a kind of handrail

secondly the Yering station scultpure: even after a little over a year at this my major failing in photography is that I think about what I should have done rather than what I should do. If you look at the exif it has an aperture of 6.3 which was great for my preious shot, but I really should have cranked the aperture to wide open and used the telephoto and then I could have gotten a slightly blurred background. Of course I only thought of that when I was PP the shot. D'oh! I suspect it would have helped a little but the nature of the background and the see through sulpture would always be problematic.

Tinosa glad you liked the sunset shot. By the way another example of my lack of preplanning. I went up to Mt Dandenong, a lookout over the greater city of Melbourne, to shoot the night lights. Got this one before it got dark, then I took the kookaburra shot, but had to crank up the ISO to 400 to get it. Of course I forgot to change back so all my metropolis light shots are so noisy I ended up deleting them. D'oh and double d'oh! By the way your mirror challenge is proving really tough. Tried three seperate ideas, about 20 shots from each, and not one I would be prepeared to show anyone.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 9:08 PM   #7

Raf, a very nice series. I like the eighth shot, it is very intriguing. An interesting subject that challenge the mind, almost like a puzzle. Like, how many female figures are there with how many dogs?

bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 11:02 PM   #8

Thanks Jerry.....Yeah it was an interesting sculpture.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 7:59 PM   #9

Very nice and interesting shots Rafael. Number 2, 4 and 7 are my favorites.

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2007, 4:38 AM   #10

Thanks Emmanuel. Appreciate your kind words.