Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 31, 2007, 10:39 AM   #1

Took these today while out walking.Although we dont have the spectacular colours that others have been posting on various forums lately, I quite like these two images....comments welcome as always..

Mark H
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:04 AM   #2

I like the both but #1 is my favorite. I'm wondering what #2 would have looked like if the two trees were more to the right or left hand side though. The rule of thirds is sometimes the difference between a great shot and a pretty picture.

DonR
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:28 AM   #3

Thanks Don, i did try framing this different ways but was happiest with this one.Something didnt look quite right with the trees to one side for some reason.

Heres another i`ve just uploaded, despite the rather flat landscape I liked the wide variety of colours on this....

Mark H
Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:27 PM   #4

Sometimes the scene makes up for any lack of color there might be. The first shot looks like it could have been taken in Florida rather them the UK.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2007, 1:49 PM   #5

Thanks Ted.

Mark H
Old Oct 31, 2007, 8:22 PM   #6

I think Dsr's explanation works here.

Picture #2 would have more impact if the two subject trees were more to the right in the frame. I say to the right because it seems there is nothing to support the trees, as is, on the right side. The picture as it stands is interesting but the viewer will/should notice the tree in the lower leftcorner. If it had been moved more into the frame, recognizably, then this will have supportedthe two main trees in the sense it will have led the viewer, from the left,to thesubject trees to the right, thus giving themthe attention they deserve and in the process provide the balancing act.

This of course assumes the tree on the lower left isn't a sawed off runt hiding in that portion of the frame; or, that the left tree isn't some gigantic size just waiting to upset the symmetry. :-) If it is then rework your position, somehow.

Number one works well
Andrew Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2007, 8:26 PM   #7

Mark,

Like the first and particularly the third, it has a bleak kind of beauty.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2007, 8:53 PM   #8

Like your autumn shots, Mark. The first could have been shot here, except for the fall colors.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2007, 12:35 AM   #9

Mark, Sometimes we do run into a shot we want that does not follow the rules. Go far it the way you see and like it and it will normally work out well.

DonR
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2007, 2:23 AM   #10

The first two shots are very nice. I like the second in particular. Very well exposed. The third lacks interest...a foreground tree, a water stream, anything! Nevertheless, good job!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote