Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 6, 2007, 11:41 PM   #21

Looking at how little of the lens sticks out at full zoom with 2 adapters on, I suspect that 3 would cover it altogether. I don't know if there would be enough threads left to screw in an add on lens, though. Another problem would be that the threads on the hood adapter would not match up with any add on lens or step up/down rings. The threads are 55.8mm from what I have read. Probably better to get the LA3 when you can find it.

Stujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 1:43 AM   #22

I just received two step rings I bought for a cheap experiment. They are 46-52mm and 46-58mm. The idea is to screwthe step ringstraight on the lens and then mountthe adapter on it. I havethe Ricoh TC-200M (52mm mount)1.5x and the SONY (58mm mount)1.7 times. I ran a quick testin my office at home and the images came out very clean and sharp.I had to use flash due to the poor lightingand because there is not a whole lot of room, I could notzoom all the way out (the camera would not focus). I can't wait to take some outdoor shots tomorrow (hopefully the weather will cooperate (it's raining tonight). Here are some shots take with bot tele- converters.

Important to note that I only cropped the images to show more details and how sharp the images are. I did not PPthem at all.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"FZ18 + step up 46-52mm + Ricoh 1.5x tele converter

Attached Images

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 1:44 AM   #23

Another one with the same combo
Attached Images

Old Dec 7, 2007, 1:45 AM   #24

FZ18 + 46-58mm step up ring + Sony 1.7x tele converter
Attached Images

Old Dec 7, 2007, 1:46 AM   #25

Another one with the Sony tele
Attached Images

Old Dec 7, 2007, 6:47 PM   #26

The photos are very good to my eyes. Do you think that is a lot of weight to hang off that lens directly?
Stujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 10:30 PM   #27

Both tele-converters are light, with the Ricoh being the lightest of the two (it's also much smaller). There's always a bit of stressbut if you provide good support with your hand, it should be OK. Today I shot some pictures with the Ricoh attached to the FZ18 at full zoomandI found most pictures to be OK considering the magnification (504mm x 1.5) and the fact thatI shot the images hand held (see sample images below). I also found that IOS MODE1 works better than MODE2with such magnification.Tomorrow I'll try with the Sony.
Attached Images

Old Dec 7, 2007, 10:31 PM   #28

Lamp
Attached Images

Old Dec 7, 2007, 10:31 PM   #29

Pelikan
Attached Images