Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 25, 2007, 7:25 PM   #1

One deer just to show I do see other things besides birds, and one bird just because he posed so nice.

I thought about rule of thirds on the deer. Maybe his ear is at the intersection point for top third. That rule does not work well for some subjects I guess.

Duck

The deer is barely cropped and was a flash shot in gloom. The duck was bright sun and a tele converter. And that wave on his back was there with binoculars also. Strange feather bunching I guess. Rest of him came out sharp looking.

Comments and such welcome. Otherwise, just enjoy.
Steve
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2007, 8:56 PM   #2

oh dear me..........graet deer shot happy .........guess you do shoot 'udder' stuff too ...liked the wing pose on the duck......
deterpawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2007, 10:08 PM   #3

Both photos are nice, Steve. The duck is my favorite, but the deer is running ahead of second.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2007, 10:36 PM   #4

Thanks Pete and Jerry. I suppose if I practiced on deer more I could do better. Just looking at this shot I think if I desaturated or darkened the background a bit it would improve the shot. Maybe next time.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 7:28 PM   #5

Love the duck.....obviously a trendy duck as it appears to be doing pilates. The deer is also nice. No problem with the rule of thirds on it. It might not be exact, but the neck runs up the left vertical more or less. The subject and framing is not static and uninteresting as it might be if it were totally centred.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:33 PM   #6

What great pictures. You really captured them well. I could only wish to get such a great shot.
Thanks for sharing.
tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 12:04 AM   #7

Thanks for commenting Rafael and tinkerbell. And tinkerbell, you can do more then wish I'm sure. Just keep camera with you and walk in places where nature is. These are both common ordinary animals around here, but I pay attention to them and good photo ops result.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 11:31 AM   #8

Love the sharpness, colour and composition ofthe duck Steve,good timingtoo. Was the shot taken late afternoon?

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 1:45 PM   #9

Macnite wrote:
Quote:
Love the sharpness, colour and composition ofthe duck Steve,good timingtoo. Was the shot taken late afternoon?

Emmanuel
Glad you like Mr. Duck Emmanuel. He was shot at 1:07 PM so not all that late, but I shot facing North and looking down a rocky shoreline, and the sun is fairly down in the South these days.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 11:48 PM   #10

Both are excellent shots Steve. Very sharp and exposure looks just perfect to me. That is a strange wave on the ducts wing. I wonder if it can move that group of feathers independently? It almost looks like it's shaking thoes feathers dry, kind of like a dog does except just that section of wing.

DonR

http://donr.zenfolio.com/

d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote