Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:25 PM   #21

Thanks for teh update Jerry. Nice to hear he will be back home for the holidays.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 8:30 AM   #22

Good to hear everything went ok. Looking forward to seeing Don posting again soon

Mark H
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 9:40 AM   #23

So glad to hear all went well! Looking forward to more photos.

Cheers.
WindRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 12:18 PM   #24

Good to hear everything is well with youDon. Speedy recovery!

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 5:23 PM   #25

Thanks Jerry.

Good to hear that things are right on track.

Cheers,
Michael
RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2007, 1:15 PM   #26

I'm Back Home! Thanks so very much to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Thanks to Jerry for keeping up with me over the phonewith my wife Sue. I had more response than I thought I would to the post and I apperciate every one of you.

I had 4 by-passes and came through in flying colors. I was doing so well, we thought I would come home on Monday or Tuesday. But something always seems to go wrong. There was a mixup on my medication and things started to slowly go down hill until we figured out what happen. I thought I was paying attention to what they gave me but I didn't catch themistake when it happened. Actually, it scarred the bejesus out of me when I found out. If Idid not have as high of a drug tolerance as I do it would have been a lot worse. As it is it just cost me a few more days in the hospital, so I feel pretty lucky.

But Like I say, I'm back home now and looking forward to getting back in the swing of things. I't will probably be a while before I can get out on my own and start taking pictures again. I missed a really good ice storm while in the hospital.I can't sit behind an air bag in a car for about six weeks. The Dr. said the air bag in my car could breakopen my chest until then. I'll probably cheat a little but Sue says I woun't and I think she can whip me now.

Thanks again everyone,

DonR http://donr.zenfolio.com/
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2007, 1:56 PM   #27

Glad to hear your (written) voice again. Six weeks at home sounds like enough time to get into macro photography or something. You do not want to go out and slip on the ice while stitches are healing for sure.
Steve
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2007, 5:36 PM   #28

Great to see you back. Looking forward to some new photos.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 12:02 PM   #29

Glad to see you back home and doing fine now.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 12:29 PM   #30

Good to have you back.

We`d rather see you completely recover and then amaze us with your pics afterwards, than see you taking risks.

I guess the others might see it the same way.

Some years ago I took the picture appended.

If the temperature allows it, you just might cheat a little. I took a pic of a fence ("Maschendrahtzaun" in German, meshed-wire-fence ;-) which was full of little Icicles. This seems to form if it is cold and moist-which it is quite seldom. I did not have a good camera or a lot of experience, I am visiting the site of the pic from time to time if its freezing, just in case...I might try to give it a second chance.

You just _might_ create something like this with a little piece of fence and some warm water close to it outside your window. If you can not go out due to slippery conditions, this would not be cheating, merely..uhm, modifying the micro climate a little?

Maybe others can come up with ideas how to occupy your eye until it is save for you to be up and about again?

Something like a true photographs "Rear Window" series?

Like a set of motives every one of us just has to try if he/she is grounded? And make it canonical for Pana users like butterflies and moon-shots?

Take care,
Mash
RealMash is offline   Reply With Quote