Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 9, 2007, 1:02 PM   #1

Im using a cannon ixus 70 with sd cards 1gb etc, just got a 4gb sdhc but my comp or laptop will not recognise it at all, although my friends comp running vista ( im running xp ) does no problem, photos are there and fine

he orginally tried the card in his computer before I got it, can anyone tell if the vista computer would formatted the card differently so that xp cannot now read it , or am i "looking in the wrong direction"

John
baddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2007, 2:06 PM   #2
Administrator

Many card readers will not read Secure Digital cards over 1GB in size. Sometimes the PC manufacturer has updated firmware that lets some readers work.

As for your newest 4GB SDHC card, *most* card readers will not work with them. You'll need to make sure the reader you buy is designed to work with SDHC.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2007, 2:35 PM   #3

baddad wrote:
Quote:
Im using a cannon ixus 70 with sd cards 1gb etc, just got a 4gb sdhc but my comp or laptop will not recognise it at all, although my friends comp running vista ( im running xp ) does no problem, photos are there and fine

he orginally tried the card in his computer before I got it, can anyone tell if the vista computer would formatted the card differently so that xp cannot now read it , or am i "looking in the wrong direction"

John
The multi-format card readers I have do not read my 4GB Sandisk SCHC card either. When I bought the card, it came with one of those mini-SDHC card readers, which I now use to download all my cards.

If you are using a reader that pre-dates the SDHC format, it won't work. There's nothing wrong with your computer.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote