Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 15, 2007, 2:32 PM   #1

The camera was on that Intelligent ISO setting and used an ISO of 500 and a shutter speed of 1/500 second. Picture Adjustment settings NNNL with L being the noise reduction. And none was applied in post processing. I did edit out a Mallard but from behind this Black Ducks head though and adjusted levels a bit.

1/400 second. Not great, but this was full zoom and a ways out there and my FZ7 would not have come out near as good.

Uncropped. Full 18X zoom, Intelligent setting from about four feet away.

Another Kestrel. A sparkle in the eye would have been nice, but this was shot fairly early on a cloudy morning so I figure I am lucky the colors came out so well even if the eye does not glint.

And another Goldeneye. That foot is so clear and I kept trying to get a shot of her under water but she ripples the surface too much diving and it did not work.

happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 15, 2007, 6:24 PM   #2

4th pic down.. What is under the bird? a mouse? you can see legs sticking out of the mess of feathers. It looks like another bird kinda too
hercules71185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2007, 11:42 PM   #3

hercules71185 wrote:
Quote:
4th pic down.. What is under the bird? a mouse? you can see legs sticking out of the mess of feathers. It looks like another bird kinda too
Either a Snow Bunting or a Dark-eyed Junco. I think it is a bunting but there is not much there to go by.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 1:32 AM   #4

Steve, it looks very promising. I like the colours of kestrel. I'm sure with time, once you get used with the new camera,your pictures will improve.

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 5:16 AM   #5

That kestrel looks stunning against the snow backdrop. Impressive detail in the woodpecker shot too. Looks like youre enjoying your new camera Steve

Mark H
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 8:29 AM   #6

Thanks for looking commenting Mark and Emmanuel. What I would like next is some sunshine to test it in.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 9:53 AM   #7

Nice birds shots Steve. The colors look good to me. The full zoom is very hard to hold steady, especially at low ISO's.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 11:49 AM   #8

Looks like the 18 is working good for you Steve. I don't know if I would have a sparkle in my eye either if I was eating raw bird that early in the morning.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2007, 1:53 PM   #9

Thanks Jerry and Ted. And Ted, it may be raw but at least it is fresh. You should see the condition of some of the fish the gulls eat. There is one gull that after evry few bites he goes to the lake and rinses his mouth out. And he has a sparkle.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 2:08 AM   #10

Steve, Looks like you are getting there with the camera. Nice to see you back into the fray.
rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote