Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 16, 2007, 9:58 PM   #1

We had been using Epson Colorlife semi-gloss photo paper. Lately we don't seem to be able to find it. Can anyone reccommend an equivalent replacement?
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 17, 2007, 10:01 AM   #2
scb

Are you using an Epson printer? If so, I think you would have to see what comparable Epson papers work the best. If you're not using an Epson printer, the answer may be more difficult. With my Canon printer, there is a big difference using Canon papers.....as opposed to using papers by HP or Kodak. With my HP2100 all in one, I can use Epson, Kodak or HP paper and get excellent results.
scb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 1:06 PM   #3

Thanks, for your response. I apologize for not mentioning the printers I use. I am using the HP3310 and Hp3210 all in one series. I will try other Epson preium paper.

Thanks again,

Jerry
Old Dec 17, 2007, 1:29 PM   #4

IMHO.......I can get some great results with paper from Walmart....but its a trial and error thing to see which match up well with my Canon printer.....

The Jet print soft gloss works really well for me but thats no guarantee it would work for you
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2007, 6:58 PM   #5

Thanks, Gene. Since we can't find the ColorLife anymore, we were trying some Royal Brites high gloss paper. The problem with it is it seems to remain tacky or sticky. Maybe it just takes several days for the ink to dry, and we are too impatient. :G

Anyway, think I'll try some of the soft gloss, you mentioned.

Thanks again.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 9:15 AM   #6

Jerry,

If you're going to be experimenting with new paper anyway, if you have a Costco nearby you might want to try their Kirkland Premium Glossy Photo Paper. (Though you mentioned having used semi-gloss so this may not suit your purposes.)

I do not print my photos (I use online printing services for the few that I want to mount and frame) but I have read many times and in many venues that this is very good photo paper.

--
Dick
http://rschofield.smugmug.com/

rschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2007, 10:16 AM   #7

bayourebel wrote:
Quote:
Thanks, Gene. Since we can't find the ColorLife anymore, we were trying some Royal Brites high gloss paper. The problem with it is it seems to remain tacky or sticky. Maybe it just takes several days for the ink to dry, and we are too impatient. :G

Thanks again.
I have tried some paper like that also......one called printworks glossy,from Walmart was really bad with my printer....it was inexpensive but not much use to me.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2007, 4:10 PM   #8

rschofield wrote:
Quote:
Jerry,

If you're going to be experimenting with new paper anyway, if you have a Costco nearby you might want to try their Kirkland Premium Glossy Photo Paper. (Though you mentioned having used semi-gloss so this may not suit your purposes.)

I do not print my photos (I use online printing services for the few that I want to mount and frame) but I have read many times and in many venues that this is very good photo paper.

--
Dick
Thanks for the recommendation, Dick. We don't have a Costco, but I will look for it at the Best Buy Store.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 4:12 PM   #9

genece wrote:
Quote:
bayourebel wrote:
Quote:

Thanks again.
I have tried some paper like that also......one called printworks glossy,from Walmart was really bad with my printer....it was inexpensive but not much use to me.
Gene, I gotthe Royal Brite at a Sam's store. As you say it was inexpensive, but worthless for good photo prints. Appreciate your comments and suggestion for soft gloss.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 6:47 PM   #10

bayourebel wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the recommendation, Dick. We don't have a Costco, but I will look for it at the Best Buy Store.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Jerry, but Kirkland is the store brand of products sold exclusively at Costco. Their "Kirkland Premium Glossy Photo Paper" is reported to be manufactured by Ilford in Switzerland but I have no way to confirm that.

--
Dick

rschofield is offline   Reply With Quote