Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 21, 2007, 11:21 PM   #21

Thanks for comments jcr and rshofield.

Update so far: I have an electronic lable to send back Tiffen. Postal tracking shows allegedly correct filter left Brooklyn post office today. It may come soon and I will see how it works. It was 21 dollars. I look at prices of the multi-coated good ones and think I might try this cheap one just to see how it works. My main use would be over the water shots when the lake is bright and I feel experimental.

I am working up to making a post with a title like Snow Birds. When I do I will mention which shot was taken using the Tiffen filter.

Overstock.com sent me a customer satisfaction survey asking how they handled my recent contact. I filled it out saying it is hard to tell since they have not yet sent the right item. I have actually bought non-electronic things from them now and then with no problems.

Steve
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2007, 9:03 PM   #22

Probable final update on this thread. Overstock sent me the return label but I did not send back Tiffen filter, figuring I would wait and see what arrived as the "correct" filter. Which arrived Christmas Eve. Which was another Tiffen. So I called them today and said I wanted to use the label to send both filters back and I wanted a refund. And the lady said "I don't blame you." So that is what will happen.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 1:27 PM   #23

"Both the Tiffen and Fotodiox filters did nothing to the image."

You first say that there was no image degradation. Then you say the above. I don't follow your logic. Which Tiffen filter were you testing and what effect were you looking for?
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 2:21 AM   #24

Theoretically, UV filters should reduze haze to some extent. When I say that they did nothing to the image, I meant it did not cause any positive OR negative affect (i.e. distortion, bad color cast, etc.). They both can be used as a lens protector (ONLY). Do not expect them to eliminate haze and/or provide any cleaner images.

Gene, I don't understand your comments regarding WB. Those images were taken with the camera set to "sunny", as it was a sunny day. The color saturation was caused by the warm pol filter. I was simply showing the difference the Moose pol can make but I'm not saying it's a good or bad difference. It's a matter of taste.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 2:24 AM   #25

Stay away from Overstock.com...that's all I can say!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote