Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 18, 2007, 2:24 AM   #1

The flies were murder (warm weather followed by northerly winds bring them into town in droves)

He's a not normally this serious looking

I really like this shot

she moved and it got blurry but I like the retro look

rafinmelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2007, 8:49 PM   #2

Raphael, these are nice candid looking black and whites. You do have an eye for photography. Something has to almost hit me in the head.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2007, 9:27 PM   #3

All nice. Even the blurry one. Although if you are showing them to the people at work I hope you have a sharper one also.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:23 AM   #4

I like the first threeportraits Rafael, butnumber oneI think is really nice. You used the existing light masterfully. Nicely done.

Very clever Rafael, for a moment I was wandering what flies got to do with the portraits, on the second take I spotted the fly!!Rafael, do you know these people, or, these are candits from the street. I'm very concerned when I take pictures in public places, how do you do it?

Emmanuel

Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:13 PM   #5

Thanks Jerry Steve and Emmanuel...apprciate the kind words.

Steve I did have a sharper one of her.

Emmanuel, these are work colleaugues at the Christmas party in the park, but I have others that are true candids on the street. It can be a bit stressful, but I am getting better at it. A couple of rules:
- I try to take things that I would not be embarassed by if shot of me...so people being people NOT people looking silly
- If someone notices me, I will acknowledge them and say hi and explain what I am doing and offer to delete the pic off the card
- I try to not be furtive, so I am out in the open with my camera taking photos, NOT sneaking behind trees etc.

I have been asked to delete photos a couple of times, and one person was a bit upset that I had not asked persmission, but generally I am big and ugly enough to get away with it. Oh and the big zoom helps
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:12 PM   #6

That's different, a Christmas party in the park, hard to have a white Christmas the way. Looks like everyone was having a good time though.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 1:21 AM   #7

Thanks Ted. Yes that's the southern hemisphere for you barbeques and beach cricket for Christmas. We did have an almost white Christmas a few years ago when a summer storm came through with a bunch of hailstones.