Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 26, 2007, 10:43 PM   #1

A few more shots from my wanderings yesterday. Please light conditions were terrible so please be considerate in your comments LOL.

Blue Winged Teal

Greater Yellow Legs

Great Egret

1st winter Ring-billed Gull

Thanks Dick for Identifing these.

Terry

2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2007, 11:00 AM   #2

2many wrote:
Quote:
A few more shots from my wanderings yesterday. Please light conditions were terrible so please be considerate in your comments LOL.

Some kind of Ducks?

Some kind of little wading bird?

Some kind of big white bird?

A Seagull I am sure.
#1 - Blue-winged Teal

#2 - I was going to say Solitary Sandpiper because of the white"spectacles", but the length of the bill makes me think Greater Yellowlegs.

#3 - Great Egret

#4 - 1st winter Ring-billed Gull

--
Dick
http://rschofield.smugmug.com/

rschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 11:19 AM   #3

Thanks Dick,

I knew someone would know what they were, I tried to identify the ducks but I am no bird expert.

Terry.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 4:16 PM   #4

Not bad at all - I think you have a keeper in this camera.

And yes, it is a Greater Yellowlegs (the Solitary Sandpiper has greenish legs, and is smaller, but you can't tell size in an isolated bird).
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 6:31 PM   #5

penolta wrote:
Quote:
Not bad at all - I think you have a keeper in this camera.

And yes, it is a Greater Yellowlegs (the Solitary Sandpiper has greenish legs, and is smaller, but you can't tell size in an isolated bird).
Thanks penolta,

Yes I think I will keep it. The one camera I didnt keep was the K100D, i parted with it thinking I would buy a K10D body as I kept my lenses. Now I am looking at some of the forums and seeing a lot of people having problems with Pentax camera's So I might have to change my mind. BTW my K100D started having problems a week or two after I sold it.

Old Dec 27, 2007, 9:13 PM   #6

A nice set of shots. The pictures are fine, so I will make suggestions for formatting instead.

If you post pictures no wider then 800 pixels wide the viewer will not have to slide the picture back and forth to see it all. Because I post so many of my pictures to forums I have the flickr picture uploader set to resize pictures so longest size is 800 pixels. That makes them fit here and other forums perfectly. Although, someone commented under one of my flickr pictures today that they are so fine he wishes I had larger sizes available there.

Also, for your link back url you should use a main page url like the one you get for your whole photostream instead of the one for each picture size. With the one you are using we cannot click back and then wander around and look at your other flickr pictures.

Example. Here is a Greater Yellowlegs. Click on it and you will go the set page and be able to wander around.

Steve
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 9:58 PM   #7

Ok, I know how to set it up to make the pictures 800 pixels, but the linkback, I am lost on that one.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:23 PM   #8

2many wrote:
Quote:
Ok, I know how to set it up to make the pictures 800 pixels, but the linkback, I am lost on that one.
I have trouble writing about linkbacks on forums because whenever I do the forum thinks I am typing code. But what the heck.

This is all easier if you have two browser pages open, by the way. One for flickr and one for this forum.

[img][/img]

That is the code I am talking about. Take any flickr picture and click on the all sizes button. Insert the url in box two between the two image codes [img][/img]

Then go back to flickr. Go back to the flickr page with your photo. The one with comments and such under your picture. You can link back to that page, or you can go to the page flickr calls your photostream, or the home page of a set. Pick any one.

Now, for the one you have picked, copy the url from the address box of your browser. Paste it right after the equal sign in that formula I typed. If you have done it correctly you will have that url after the = sign, and the picture url between the image brackets.

Hit the preview button and see if it works. If it does you can hit send.

This forum is rather strange. In other forums you can hit preview and still see coding in the typing box. This forum puts the picture there, so if you goof it is hard to see where you goofed to correct it. If I goof I usually delete the picture and redo it as that is easier then trying to fix it.

I hope this is clear but if not feel free to ask more questions.
Steve
Old Dec 28, 2007, 12:44 PM   #9

Ok Steve,

Thanks for the info, corrections have been made, although it would only let me link the first photo to my flickr gallery, what little there is there.

Terry
Old Dec 28, 2007, 2:49 PM   #10

2many wrote:
Quote:
Ok Steve,

Thanks for the info, corrections have been made, although it would only let me link the first photo to my flickr gallery, what little there is there.

Terry
Like I said, changing pictures in this forum is strange because you don't see the coding when you go to edit. On new posts it will work a lot better.