Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:28 PM   #1

After BayouBelle took over the FX01, I have been looking for sometime for a replacement pocket camera. Really considered Pany, but finally decided on a Canon SD950IS. Hope I like it, as it is ordered. One thing I really wanted was the viewfinder and LCD. Gave up large optical zoom and still have a shirt pocket camera. But with two Pany's I still plan to be here.

Please don't think of me as a traitor.:-)

Jerry
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:38 PM   #2

Variety is nice. If I were to get a shirt pocket camera it might well also be a Canon. Do put a link here if you post some pictures in a Canon forum. And make them of a cat. I think if I had a pocked camera I would take more pictures of out cats, dog, tortoises, etc.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 11:34 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply Steve. While I really like my FZ30 and the extra lens, I find it inconvenient to have with me all the time. I wanted one to carry around about like a cell phone, but with better photo ability than the cell phone..
Old Dec 28, 2007, 1:33 PM   #4

I think you will like the Canon, (traitor), dont take that litereally, I have two what I call shirt pocket camera's One is a Pentax A30 the other a Casio, I never leave home without one or the other, I take my Pany with me on planned photo trips along with a Nikon DSLR. Finding myself leaving the DSLR at home more and more these days.

Terry
2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2007, 2:39 PM   #5

Thanks for the reply, Terry. I have been reading some of the reviews on the Cannon Sd950is. There seem to be so many pros and cons, it is all confusing. Guess, I am just not quite as critical as some, and then admit to the fact, that I don't see everything the reviewer does in a photograph. Reckon that is why I am still an amatuer.

Jerry
Old Dec 28, 2007, 11:54 PM   #6

Jerry

Just because you see it differently doesnt make you an amateur, It makes you human.

I read reviews, take what I need from them and move on, I learned long ago that reviewers can be a lot more technically critical than I would ever be.

Terry
2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 12:56 AM   #7

2many wrote:
Quote:
Jerry

I learned long ago that reviewers can be a lot more technically critical than I would ever be.

Terry
No one could say it better than that!

Reviewers provide a very good service. For me,they aremore of an entertainment thing. If the image looks good on the screen and I can get a good print up to11x14 or sofrom it, that's all that matters. Resolution charts and graphs never have really gotten me too excited. If it ever gets to where they do, I hope someone checks me in to some facility tohave my head examined.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2007, 9:22 AM   #8

Terry and Greg, appreciate the comments and support.