Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 3, 2008, 3:07 AM   #1

I'm new to digital photography, and have still a lot to learn. Here are a few pictures taken with my new fz8. I would appreciate help, ideas, corrections etc.
thanks

dov

[img]%3Ca%20href=%22http://picasaweb.google.com/dovtova/212408/photo?authkey=WizVxhLpoK4#5162640350415339138%22%3 E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://lh3.google.com/dovtova/R6ViC72avoI/AAAAAAAAAnM/AynZ_4QMfdY/s144/P1010159.JPG%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/img]3.

6. taken through front window while driving, not by the driver

doto41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2008, 9:05 AM   #2

Nice pics. You captured greatcharacter with the fishing man and those thistles look prehistoric. Nice pics!
Camp I am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2008, 2:48 PM   #3

You seem to have a good eye for a photo......keep experimenting to find your best settings.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2008, 11:58 PM   #4

thanks, what would you change in any of the above?
Old Feb 4, 2008, 1:07 AM   #5

Nice pictures. I also like the fisherman. As to settings, unless we had the same camera it would be hard to say. Just play with different combinations of Picture Adjustment settings and see what you like best under various conditions is all I can suggest. That is what I do all the time.
Steve
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 2:39 AM   #6

thanks. I liked him too, he looked like a biblical fugure, and caught four fish during the 15 minutes I was watching him. I was very far off and the puctures were taken at maximum zoom. I understand every camera is different, but what I meant to ask was do you think there is a problem wuth the settings such as over or under exposed, colour problems etc.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 9:11 AM   #7

doto41 wrote:
Quote:
thanks. I liked him too, he looked like a biblical fugure, and caught four fish during the 15 minutes I was watching him. I was very far off and the puctures were taken at maximum zoom. I understand every camera is different, but what I meant to ask was do you think there is a problem wuth the settings such as over or under exposed, colour problems etc.
They all look fine to me. If one was going to have a problem it would be the fisherman since it has very light and very dark areas which could exceed the dynamic range of the camera, but all areas appear properly focused. You had good light conditions for that and the others it seems.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote