Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 9, 2008, 12:08 PM   #11

jussiuk wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful! You are so lucky to live somewhere so scenic! London has nothing but buildngs, buildings, and more buildings!

J.
So does Seattle... this is about 150 miles from where i live!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2008, 12:10 PM   #12

deterpawson wrote:
Quote:
wow
postively brilliant
how do you get the brefelction to have such a glosssy look
the landscape gives the pic a lot more depth
and you did this with a fz20 huh, wish i could with mine
pete
thanks, Pete. the lake was absolutely flat calm... a rarity there, because there's usually just enough breeze to riffle the water and ruin the reflection. i got lucky, and happened to be there on a day with no wind, no "evil ducks" swimming around, just mirror-smooth water... :G
Old Feb 9, 2008, 12:18 PM   #13

bayourebel wrote:
Quote:
That is a very beautiful scene. I remember that it was about a year ago, when you first posted this scene. It is still a beauty, and I hope you have it on the wall along side the bubble.
thanks, Jerry. yep, i have a 20x30 ofthis scene (landscape-format, shot with my 30D off a tripod) on my living room wall... it's a bit wider-angle than this one, without the grass in the foreground, and the 30D pulls out the blue a bit more, but the reflection is just as clear. that one's actually been fairly successful... i've sold 7 or 8 large prints (one is hanging in an office in South Korea!),which is more than enough to pay for the gas, lunch and dinner this trip cost me!as if getting shots like these wasn't reward enough!! :G

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
Old Feb 10, 2008, 7:51 AM   #14

Hi Rocky

Thast a pretty fine shot either port or landscape. I still get amazed how good the FZ's are, even my FZ10 still suprises me with its IQ.

Cheers

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 10:21 PM   #15

Great shots, squirrel.I lived inSeattle for about two years before moving to Japan.I really miss the northwest summers and scenery. The Cascades are really beautiful.
fina23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 11:42 PM   #16

Beautiful scene. Panasonic's Leica lenses do a great job. We have mountains here too, but there is nothing but houses and dead trees (from beetles and fires) in front of them. IMHO I think I would favor a crop (in either version) with an equal amount of space above the peak and below it in the reflection - too much foreground in bothplus too much sky in the first one.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote