Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 18, 2008, 2:52 AM   #1

Two completely different scenarios. First is a small festival in Srirangam, near Trichy, Southern India -a float made of wooden raft on empty oil barrels is decorated and used as a vehicle for the deity to circumambulate a small temple tank, around a island-like pillared structure in the centre. Though it was very hazy, the lights were bringht enough to reflect well on the water surface.
Attached Images

Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2008, 2:59 AM   #2

This again is another temple related scene. Devotees themselvesdo itor sometimes just entrust the task to vendors - to distribute bananas of a whole bunch to pilgrims visiting the Shiva temple in the Rock Fort, Trichy. A man is seen resting two such buncheson his way up to the temple. A small bright opening in the otherwise dimly lit stair-corridor gave an outstanding effect to the bananas and the man himself.
Attached Images

Old Feb 18, 2008, 7:33 AM   #3

Those are very nice photos....I really am impressed with the 2nd one and was I ever surprised when I saw it was taken with a FZ3.....you are very good.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:53 PM   #4

A couple of really nice photos. Particularly good lighting effect on the second one. Good work.
Always find your posts interesting. Please keep them coming.
How is your mother and the beautiful black labrador? I have never forgetten that shot.
WindRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2008, 7:50 PM   #5

genece wrote:
Quote:
..and was I ever surprised when I saw it was taken with a FZ3.....you are very good.
I was tired after a sleepless train journey last night anda hard day at work today. Just before dropping on the bed, I thought i would see if there are any comments- and there is your encouragingwords - it really made my day. Thank youso much.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 7:58 PM   #6

WindRowe wrote:
Quote:
Always find your posts interesting. Please keep them coming. How is your mother and the beautiful black labrador? I have never forgetten that shot.
It's my pleasure to share my photos on this forum with all my good friends here - haven't I learned photography here? Thank you so much.

My mother and Rishi - that's his name - are doing very fine; in fact now he is 3 years and mature -we miss his naughty mischiefs as a pup; but are delighted how well he understands our expectations and keeps a good guard and company to mymother who is alone all day while all others are away at work/study. I am very touched that you still remember him, long after that shot was taken.