Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 19, 2008, 4:07 AM   #1

Here are a few of my first tries with the fz8, suggestions, help, advice and remarks will be gratefully accepted

dov

1)

2)

doto41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2008, 8:50 AM   #2

Impressive. Try to capture moonbehind or betweenclouds, amid (leafless) trees, against a mountain backdrop, etc. You will finds the results very interesting.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:48 AM   #3

Good exposure and sharp! Nicely done.

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 12:28 PM   #4

They look fine to me. My only suggestion would be to tell us what settings you used and if you used a tripod in case anybody wants to comment on specifics. Or if someone wants to learn from you.
Steve
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 12:48 PM   #5

[img]file:///I:/DCIM/102_PANA/P1020438.JPG[/img]the settings for the first shot are:focal length 72mm, o.oo8s (1/125), f/5.6, iso100, spot metering and shutter priority. for the second f/6.3 and speed 1/80, otherwise the same. I tried a few more with larger apertures but the shots were not a success. Both were hand held with the neck painfully bent back. probably would have been better with a tripod. I hope to improve the next time we have a clear sky,

thank you all for the encouragement
Old Feb 19, 2008, 12:51 PM   #6

By the way, I opened the exif data with picasa and ps elements and could not copy paste it, and copied it out the long way. Is there a way to copy data and paste it here or anywhere else?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 1:20 PM   #7

Very nice.....

There is a Total Eclipse of the moon in the comming days where the moon turns red, keep an eye out!

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclips...2008Feb21.html

tony

tonymurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 1:46 PM   #8

doto41 wrote:
Quote:
[img]file:///I:/DCIM/102_PANA/P1020438.JPG[/img]the settings for the first shot are:focal length 72mm, o.oo8s (1/125), f/5.6, iso100, spot metering and shutter priority. for the second f/6.3 and speed 1/80, otherwise the same. I tried a few more with larger apertures but the shots were not a success. Both were hand held with the neck painfully bent back. probably would have been better with a tripod. I hope to improve the next time we have a clear sky,

thank you all for the encouragement
If there is a way to copy the data I am not aware of it. I would say you did exceptionally well with those slow shutter speeds and a hand held camera. If you shoot the moon earlier your neck won't be in as bad a shape. You don't say if you were leaning against anything; I try and lean against the house or a tree or be sitting if I am shooting the moon.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 2:46 PM   #9

there were clouds earlier, so the neck had to bend back. For the second photo i went on my knees so that one elbow was on the top of a metal railing, which probably helped quite a bit. Are those considered slow shutter speeds? the camera stabilization is great, and I managed an average quality shot at 1/40s, but not nearly as sharp as these. What is considered a useful speed for shooting an object so far away?

I think these two were shot with ez in 3mp to have greater zoom, but am not sure. THe resolution is 2048x1536 which is smaller than the 7mp resolution.

I'm not sure the eclipse will be visible here in Israel, but will definetely check it out

Thanks
Old Feb 19, 2008, 2:53 PM   #10