Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 19, 2008, 2:29 PM   #1

FZ18 and TCON-17. Handheld, late afternoon. I was doing birds and the wind was such that the jets were approaching OHare over Lake Michigan.

1. Jet were I want it but not so great a shot. I should have focused longer but it was a spur of the moment shot.

2. Much better shot but the jet is not quite where I would have liked it to be. I was standing on rather slick ice and could not move to get it in the right place.

happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2008, 7:50 PM   #2

Nice ones, Steve. It is that uncertainty - of notgetting things exactly the way we want - that makes photography interesting as well as challenging. I am sure you will keep on trying until you get that 'perfect' one you want. Best of luck!
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 9:20 PM   #3

birdman its true you did not get the best compostiton but you got a nice capture considering the time frame and spontaniety.....i like it.........
deterpawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:16 PM   #4

Thanks guys. It was sort of fun. Today I saw lots of jets and they were coming right over me. But no moon. And then after dinner a great moon. But no jets. Always something. And as I type this I hear a jet. When the wind puts them over the lake a lot of them fly right over the house. I may go out and check on night shots in a bit. Or maybe not. It is 6 degrees F out there right now.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote