Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 24, 2008, 10:57 PM   #1

1. When the lake is calm the surface skims over and the ice is pushed towards shore. When it runs out of room to go anywhere it breaks into glass-like pieces and piles up. This is just a bit. In some pieces there are six foot piles of the stuff.

2. People enjoying the lake front as it got above freezing for a little while today. And, there was no wind to speak of. Practically summer!

3. There is not much open water close to shore, but there is a bit in Belmont Harbor, and between the small area of open water and all the ice and harbor edgings keeping the wind away the water sometimes gets calm enough for a low grade reflection. Diving Scaup.

4. In fact, the other day ago the water was even calmer.

5. This White-winged Scoter shows the kind of water I am used to. I was about blown off the pier taking his picture so perhaps it is not as good as it could be. He had just bobbed to the surface with his mouthful of mussels.

happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2008, 1:35 AM   #2

I like #2 - the way you have got the flying bird head on. And the frozen ice sheets too which we can only dream of in my part of India.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2008, 7:53 PM   #3

Very nice captures Steve. I also like number 2.

Emmanuel
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:58 PM   #4

Thanks for looking and commenting Raghu and Emmanuel. And Raghu, I am making a new post just for you.
Steve
Old Mar 21, 2008, 7:55 PM   #5

I should remember what Cam you use but its been a long time sense i posted with the death of my FZ20 . I like these pics , nice job
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2008, 9:42 PM   #6

pappy wrote:
Quote:
I should remember what Cam you use but its been a long time sense i posted with the death of my FZ20 . I like these pics , nice job
These were taken with an FZ18. Which sometimes has attached to it either a C-180 or a TCON-17 tele converter.

Sorry your camera died. When last you posted I probably was using my FZ7, but I think I wore it out.
Steve