Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 19, 2003, 10:50 AM   #1

Default Panasonic Forum Support

Ladies and Gentlemen:
My name is Bob, Iím a member of Panasonicís Engineering department in Secaucus, NJ, and Iíll be joining the Panasonic forum to answer your questions about our digital still cameras.

For the past year Iíve been responding to question about Panasonicís digital cameras on another web site that was based in the UK. Many of those who participated in the discussions were outside the U.S. and my ability to assist them was limited by slight differences in our company policy. Since this web site is based in the U.S. I believe Iíll be able to respond a greater number of your questions for those of you who are in the U.S.

Despite the fact that our operating manuals do mention our Advanced Products Call Center, many customers appear to be unaware of their existence. As a first line of support U.S. customers should contact them via e-mail at [email protected] or by telephone at 1 800 272-7033. Generally, their response will be faster than mine as my participation here will be limited to any free time I have.

However, I realize that they may not have certain answers and in those cases Iíll be responding to questions you post in this forum. Since we are all starting fresh, I do have a few facts that I must explain and we must both agree to.

∑ The permission I received to participate in these discussions was based on the premise that the discussions are limited to past, present or products that were recently announced by Panasonic in the United States. I am not permitted to speculate or provide ďadvancedĒ information on any product not yet announced in the U.S or on any product released elsewhere in the world.
∑ Iíd like to try and stay focused on the topic at hand and avoid contributing my opinions. This could find me explaining company policy and that's not the reason I chose to participate. I prefer a supportive role to defensive. Iím also concerned that if the discussions evolve into debates my ability to participate might be taken away.
∑ Your opinions will be respected and I truly appreciate any feedback you can share about products Ė be they good or bad.
∑ I usually check in and review the messages once or twice a week, often from home, though I canít promise any degree of frequency Ė my primary job responsibilities come first!

My reason for joining this web siteís discussions was based on the fact that it had a dedicated forum for Panasonicís products. Using generic discussion forums just might deprive some newcomers to the digital camera market the chance to learn from all the great information we exchange daily. I look forward to communicating with all of you and assist you whenever possible.
Respectfully
Bob K @ Panasonic
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 20, 2003, 12:29 PM   #2

Default Panasonic Bob

Well I for one am very glad that you are still somewhere giving all the company help you can. I , as well as I'm sure most others have used Steve's for a long time for the reviews of various cameras but I wasn't aware of this forum.
I am in Canada and although we do have a panasonic help web site it is much better to see the daily type questions answered as it acts also as a guide to the use of the new cameras such as the FZ1.

george
C george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2003, 10:10 AM   #3

Default Thanks

My purpose for moving to this site really had nothing to do with the way any other site is run. Give the limited time I have, I felt it was best used on a site based in the U.S. That way, if need be, I might be able to to assist in getting an evaluation sample. At he site I previously frequented, it was based in the UK sso I had absolutely no means of assisting the owner of the site. My feeling is that whereever I respond to a question, anyone on the Internet has access to it. I also feel that I should be where I can offer the most of the minimal time I have to offer.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 8:51 PM   #4

Hey! Nice to have you here! I love the FZ1!
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2003, 11:23 PM   #5

Default How to upload .mov from pc to Panasonic DMC-LC33...

:arrow: I tryed several ways to upload file .mov from my pc ( win xp) to camera Panasonic DMC-LC33. The SD viewer(software in the package) see the video on the camera's memory
but the view mode on the camera doesn't show the video... An idea???
pistache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2003, 5:45 AM   #6

Hi Bob,

It's a great pity you've had to move. What is dpreview's loss is steves gain though.

But I still find it kind of amusing you think that the majority of visitors to this site are US based ? This is the internet... you could be in iceland and myself in new zealand for all you know !! Really... just because a site lives on a computer in the US. I'm sure the majority of the people visiting dpreview are US.. not UK based.

All that aside, I think you've done the right thing moving. You can't support people properly when the site manager doesn't review panasonic cameras, for whatever reason. I'll be participating here for a while to see how things go.

All the best
David
dres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2003, 9:23 PM   #7

Default finally got here

As I said on the "other side" - I'll see you on Steve's Digicams.

The dinner still stands.

Thhanx for all the help you've given,

Luckydon
luckydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2003, 10:14 PM   #8

Default How to upload .mov from pc to Panasonic DMC-LC33

The camera can only play files it creates. To an extent, this also can apply too JPG photos. In the case of MOV files, there are about 50 codecs I know of and the chance of you finding a file of the same size with the same codec is slim to nil.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 10:19 PM   #9

<Bob Responds>
It's not as much where the users are, it's where the web site is based out of. I can't make any promise that evaluation samples will be easier, but at least we are all in the same country. My inability to help may have been seen by some as an unwillingness. That's not the case. Never met Phil, but he's an OK guy and he has decisions to make. I respect that and have no ill feelings towards him.
Continued below.....

Hi Bob,

It's a great pity you've had to move. What is dpreview's loss is steves gain though.

All that aside, I think you've done the right thing moving. You can't support people properly when the site manager doesn't review panasonic cameras, for whatever reason. I'll be participating here for a while to see how things go.

THanks, and I hope some of the others follow. I continue to monitor both, just not enough time to call both places home. Responding tonight from home....

All the best
David

Same here, Bob
Old Sep 24, 2003, 4:12 PM   #10

Hi Bob:

Welcome, glad to see you here on this forum, I was enjoying your participation in DPReview.

I purchased an FZ1 for my lady, and that has worked out VERY well. She is a fairly experienced photographer but is hampered by unstable vision because of an auto-immune illness. However, she can SEE the FZ1 LCD AND viewfinder just fine!!!

I am a highly experienced photographer and found the machine fast, extremely intuitive, and yielding very creditable results. It is a FINE travel camera.

I am eagerly awaiting the release of the FZ2 in the US, and hope it is withing your zone of comfort to provide an estimate of it's arrival in the states. I really value to aperture and shutter priority modes it will provide!

Again, welcome, and thanks in advance for any information.

Jack Winberg
jack.winberg@verizon.net is offline   Reply With Quote