Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 22, 2008, 1:45 PM   #1

Well, after weeks of trying to decide what camera to get to shoot birds and almost spending $2000 on a Canon SLR + Telephoto, I decided to get a Panasonic DMC-FZ50 based on some of the great reviews and photos in this website and other places such as Amazon. I just placed my oder but have not ordered a CompactFlash card and need a recommendation. I have heard that there are some incompatibilities with 4GB cards... Also I have read that taking photos in RAW format can be slow. What fast cards would owners of the FZ50 here would recommend?

Thanks for your input.
ecelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2008, 4:38 PM   #2

Let me first say this...it is not a compact flash card you need.....it is a secure digital card (SD card)if it is 2 gbs or smaller and if its over 2gbs it must be secure digital high capacity (SDHC)

If you go with a 4gb or larger card you need a SDHC and I would only buy a class 6 card......they are the fastest......

If you go with the smaller cards I would get a 150X card.....the camera does not need cards that fast but at todays prices it seems foolish to get a slow card.

Transcend, OCS and Ridata get high marks from me, they work perfectly in every camera I own.

Some folks have a problem as they do not follow instructions.....remember 4 gb cards or larger must be SDHC....
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2008, 5:13 PM   #3

Thanks for the info. I just ordered an 8GB Transcend SDHC.
ecelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2008, 8:46 PM   #4

I own that card and it works fine in my FZ18 and D80
genece is offline   Reply With Quote