Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 30, 2008, 2:03 AM   #1

Hey, the wife got a chance to wander the neighborhood with the camera and snap a few pics. She took most in Intelligent Auto so I thought I'd post em for people to get an idea. Here's link to our gallery - we're testing the new Photoshop free online

http://dananddee.photoshop.com

thomasmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 30, 2008, 2:30 AM   #2

Nice looking first images! It'll be interesting to see how well the Intelligent Auto (which worked well here for your wife)works in practice, especially in higher contrast scenes. I find myself making exposure compensation adjustments quite a bit with the TZ3to keep from blowing highlights.

Almost by default I havethe TZ3's compensationset to -1/3 stop and from there make any additionally needed changes, depending on the scene, which I don't mind doing. Without many other controls, I usecompensation and metering optionsas my way of rendering ascene as I want it, but I know the TZ5 will appeal to a vastly higher number of people if this new exposure system makes the majority of compensation adjustments not necessary, is more accurateand truly automatic.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2008, 12:45 PM   #3

Greg-

I agree with you that the TZ-3 takes a lot of adjusting to overcome blown out highlights. It would be nice if there was an automated way of doing it.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2008, 2:28 PM   #4

I'll keep you guys in the loop. For now just taking the pics straight from the camera and posting for you guys to see. Will try pushing things some more. Took a ton of inteli autos from inside the car this morning when she drove me to work some OT. New snow on mountains looks sweet, hopefully they turned out.
thomasmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote