Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 28, 2003, 10:00 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthorn
I have both the Panasonic FZ2 and Olympus C-750, personally I think the Olympus gives clearer images but that may be down to not yet having got to grasp with the FZ2. ie using spot focus and what picture effect to select.
FZ2 is a 2MP while C750 is a 4MP. Were you comparing at 100% or fit to screen view? Under very good lighting, you can hardly beat the FZ's Leica lens.

Quote:
I agree that the menus of the Panasonic are very easy to use and the camera is a joy to use, I originally purchased an FZ1 then found that the FZ2 was out and swapped it.
I agree on this absolutely! Menu system and buttons design of the FZ are the best - easiest and fastest to use. Olympus C series are good too, but Fuji's S5000 is the worst!!!

Quote:
Other plus points of the Panasonic are good battery life I took 200 photos yesterday and the battery is still okay and lovely silent operation you cannot here the zoom.
This one is true too. Once I tried to deplete the battery of FZ1 (cause I read that on the first few cycle of a new lithium ion battery, you need to run it flat before charging to achieve its maximum capacity). I took a lot of blind shots with flash non-stop, recorded movies, played them, on the LCD for long time... Finally I gave up and just did a top-up charge. The battery was just like never die.

FZ's shot to shot time is real fast too. S5000's zoom is as fast and silent but not Olympus C series.

I also like lithium ion battery more cause they're truely memory effect free.
KW2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2003, 10:13 AM   #22

To compare these images where taken on the Olympus C-750

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/km.bate...03_2/index.htm

And these on the FZ2

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/km.bate...03_2/index.htm
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2003, 11:57 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW2003
without IS. Also I have a way to increase the chance of good shots at slower shutter speed. That's to use burst mode. Sometimes, the first shot will tend to blur due to shutter press but the subsequent ones will difinitely have a good one.
you can also use 2 seconds timer to steady your hand.
Kestas is offline   Reply With Quote