Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 23, 2008, 8:37 PM   #31

Good for you, Doug-

The Panasonic TZ-5 is really an excellent camera, but keep in mind it is NOT a high priced camcorder. I think that you will really enjoy the TZ-5.

Here is another existing light/no flash photo taken at our local supermarket using ISO 800.

Sarah Joyce

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2008, 9:09 PM   #32

Sarah,

The movie mode is of very little interest to me so I'm not too worried about that.

What I find amazing about your pictures are that they are shot at ISO 800 and look really good. I avoid using the flash when ever possible.

Doug
dpart90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2008, 9:58 PM   #33

In that case, Doug-

It really looks the Panasonic TZ-5 will be perfect for you. Just keep a close eye on the quanity and quality of the light, if you opt to go without flash. The Panasonic TZ-5 can do it. Like you, Doug, I rarely ever use the video clip capability.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2008, 12:47 PM   #34

Sarah, the indoor no flash flower shots you took were absolutely beautiful! How about taking indoor pictures without flash for moving objects such as a baby? Do you think TZ5 is capable of handing that?

I bought TZ5 a few days ago mainly to take pictures for my 11-mo old for a upcoming trip. So far I have been quite disappointed with the test shots. I've tried many different settings (baby mode, IA mode, normal mode, setting shutter speed, setting ISO, etc) and I haven't gotten any single decent shot for my baby indoor without flash. The pictures are mostly blurry and with lots of noise. Outdoor is okay, but still has more noise thanwhat I got from my old Canon S50. I have a DSLR at home but I don't want to carry it on my trip. I am thinking about returningTZ5 and getting a Canon SD870 instead. Before doing that I would like to get your input. Am I having unrealistic expectations with this camera? In other words, is what I am trying to achieve really mission impossible for any small P&S camera?

Thanks.
JMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2008, 1:38 PM   #35

Hello!

Alot of people in the whole internet have the same problems with the results of the TZ5 like JMom - there are users with a lot of experiences in digital photographie and nethertheless they are disappointed with the shots of their new Panasonic ...

I think the camera' s ccd - sensor is too small for a 10x zoom camera and the lens has to little candle power. 10 Megapixel is too much in this compact superzoom - class.

Picture quality is partly like a 100 Dollar 3x zoom camera... but it offers a lot of comfort, here i agree! I am sad, because i was willing to buy it too, but i'm not happy with the pictures seen by now. My 3 years old Sony digicam (3x) takes better pictures...

Nutellaboy is offline   Reply With Quote