Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 19, 2008, 1:55 PM   #11

I have three new TZ-5 photo samples that I took this morning myself. The first photo was taken using the iA Mode. Keep in mind that you cannot use any Exposure Compensation when using the iA Mode. So in the first photo iA used an ISO setting of 320, the aperture was F 4.7, and the shutter speed was 1/40th.

Here is the first photo:

For the second photo, I changed the TZ-5 to the Normal Mode, and turned the flash off. I set ISO 100and I used +0.7 of Exposure Compensation. The camera used an aperture of F 4.7 and a shutter speed of 1/8th. So, by using the Normal Mode instead of the iA Mode I was able to fix the ISO at 100, and I was able to use plus Exposure Compensation.

Here is the second photo:

The third photo is sort of a normal landscape photo. I took this photo using the iA Mode. The TZ-5 selected an ISO setting of 160, an aperture of F 8.0 and a shutter speed of 1/250th. So, we gained some added detail and resolution because the iA Mode selected F 8.0 and with the shutter speed at 1/250th, there was no chance of blurring in the photo. So there is a typical "quick turn the camera on and take a photo" situation. And that is where the TZ-5 excels when using the iA Mode.

Here is the third photo:

Have a great weekend! We will do more sample photos tomorrow 04/20.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2008, 9:01 PM   #12

Here is the photo for Sunday 04/20/08. We had a rain storm lash us through 4pm. Then with the storm gone we got some great clouds and a chance to use the Vivid Mode.

Check this one out, please!

Sarah Joyce

Old Apr 21, 2008, 5:21 PM   #13

One
(IA mode with flash turned-off)
Attached Images

maxaudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2008, 5:21 PM   #14

Two
Attached Images

Old Apr 21, 2008, 5:21 PM   #15

Three
Attached Images

Old Apr 21, 2008, 6:39 PM   #16

Thanks for posting, Max-

Those photos look really good. That is really a cute pup. Here are a few of mine for today. I took these while I was grocery shopping today. They were all taken in the Normal Mode, with the flash turned off, and the ISO increased to 800.

Sarah Joyce

Old Apr 22, 2008, 9:03 PM   #17

That is a nice looking dog Max. And looks quite contented.

And Sarah, those shots look very fine for ISO 800. Interesting.
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2008, 1:08 PM   #18

Steve-

Yes, I agree,those ISO 800 shots look very good. However, to get them I did NOT use the iA Mode. I used the Normal Mode to gain more/or better control the camera. Then I added EV+0.3. So I drew a bit on my own photo background, and I was pleased with the resulting photos.

I guess you might say that is just the process of getting to know the TZ-5, and refining your photo technique. Overall, I have been pleased with the performance of theTZ-5. It will go with me on the upcoming 3 month contract.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 24, 2008, 8:41 PM   #19

04/24/2008

Folks-

I guess these will be the last TZ-5 photos that I post before the end of July. Tomorrow is packing day and last minute stuff day, so it will most probably be like a 3 ring circus. Hopefully I have provided a short insight into how capable a camera the Panasonic TZ-5 really is. Personally, I am very happy with the TZ-5.

Hopefully, somone else will take up the torch and keep this thread alive. The TZ-5 is so good, it deserves it.

Sarah Joyce

You have to understand that I live in a small coastal Oregon community. This photo is sort of like your typical family vacation photo. I shows our harbor which houses a mixture of pleasure boats and about half of the local dungeness crab flet.

Here is the boat down at the local Coast Guard Station. Once again we have very contrast light that the TZ-5 handled nicely.

Down near the harbor is one of this little town's most unusual homes. Everyone locally calls it the "Lighthouse House." The man who built it was a retired lighthouse keeper, who wanted something unique and sort of subtley said: I'm a retired lighthouse.

Old Apr 24, 2008, 9:21 PM   #20

You live in a rather scenic community Sarah. Thanks for sharing it through pictures and have fun 'til life becomes normal again.

Steve
happy_peasant is offline   Reply With Quote