Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 2, 2008, 9:51 PM   #1

I just bought a used FZ-50 on eBay and look forward to its arrival. I read lots of stuff out there about this camera (as well as the older FZ-30) andthe FZ-50seems to be one that is loaded with features that I will use.

I've been using an Olympus C-2100 for about five years, but it is time to move up to a camera with better resolution. The one thing I will miss is being able to use my FL-40 Olympus flash inTTL mode. I suspectthat it will work with the FZ-50 via the hotshoe, though only in manual mode. (Or has someone out there discovered that the FZ-50 can talk to the FL-40 flash?)

Any thoughts you'd care to offer as to the FZ-50 being a good choice will be welcomed and appreciated. Thanks!

Amistad
Amistad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2008, 10:31 PM   #2

The FZ50 is TTL compatible with the Olympus FL50 and FL36. Not sure about the FL40 as it pre-dates the Olympus E series DSLR's. It (the FL40)was TTL capable with the E-1, but it is not with newer DSLR's. I don't know where in this processthe FZ50's TTL flashtechnology falls, but there's a chance it may work....you'll just need to test it. You always could pick up a less expensiveFL36.

You'll like the FZ50. It's a first class travelcamera. I took mine last Fall to Paris instead of my DSLR..

http://gmchappell.smugmug.com/galler...00886345_VkZvE
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2008, 6:41 AM   #3

At long last, my FZ50 will be delivered today, according to the UPS web site. Unfortunately, I live near the end of the route in my area, so I won't get it till five o'clock or later. Oh well, I have tomorrow off as well, so I can enjoy getting it charged up tonight and then put it through its paces tomorrow... I'm sure that it's gonna be a lot of fun! :-)

Amistad
Old May 6, 2008, 9:13 PM   #4

Mercy! The UPS guy arrived right on schedule and has made me a happy man. After only "playing" wth this camera for half an hour, I have already fallen in love with it! What a camera! Though I have long enjoyed Olympus digicams through the years, I am thrilled with my first jaunt into Panny-land.

The seller stated that he had only used the camera three times and that he had taken immaculate care of it. I believe him. This thing has absolutely no signs of wear anywhereon it, with no scratches, smudges or any other blemishes. Friends, I am pumped, stoked, and jacked up with what I have received in this eBay purchase! In a word, this thing is

One question for you FZ50 users out there -- I hate to have to ask but I haven't found the answer in the manual. I have a second battery for my FZ50. Is is OK to leave a battery in the charger (plugged in) all the time? Thanks.

Amistad

'absolutely thrilled in Texas!'

Old Dec 26, 2008, 1:10 PM   #5

Hi, dose Oly FL-40 work with Pana FZ50 in full TTL mode? I am getting a Pana FZ50, I found Oly FL-40 at a good price.
zigaratt is offline   Reply With Quote