Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:09 AM   #1

Saturday night I went to the baseball game between the Texas Rangers and Oakland A's in Arlington, Texas. That afternoon I visited the Baseball Museum inside the stadium, which has many artifacts on loan from the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York. The TZ5 acquitted itself quite well in iA mode with no flash in use since most of the items were behind glass. I took an image or two of the game with the TZ5, but saved most of that for my DSLR since ISO's were in the 800-1600 range once the sun went down.

The entire set can be viewed from here..

http://gmchappell.smugmug.com/galler...04940403_5W5EE

Here are a few samples...

This catcher's gear was worn by Roy Campanella of the Brooklyn Dodgers during the 1957 season, the last year before the Dodgers moved to Los Angeles. He gave this equipment to the granddaughter of Dodgers' manager Walter Alson beforea car accident that off-seasonthat left him parralyzed..

Anyone here remember the St. Louis Browns? Most familiar with baseball today know them more by their current name....the Baltimore Orioles.

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2008, 3:19 PM   #2

Hi Greg,

Would you recommend the TZ5 as an only camera. I noticed that you said you switch to your SLR at low-light settings. Do you think there is a non-SLR camera in the sub-350 range with better low-light performance? The Cannons seem to fit the bill but are too bulky.

Thanks
ARvind
arvind_SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 4:29 AM   #3

Wow! That little camera takes some great pictures. On another note.....LOL......some ofthose items in the museum really date me as I do remember them ......am not the biggest fan of baseball history but do remember the St. Louis Browns & had wondered from time to time whatever became of them - haha - so they are the Baltimore Orioles.....did not know that theywere the Browns.....sheesh!!!!

Coming from Calif (lived there forover 30 years & am now in Fort Worth, Texas) I do have a fondness for the S F Giants & the Oakland A's. :-)

Beth

Nightspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2008, 3:04 PM   #4

Which ones were taken with the TZ5? Never mind I found it on smugmug.
gellis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2008, 7:34 PM   #5

Hi Greg,

Could ypou please tell me the settings you used while taking these pictures in the museum?

Thanks,
Arvind
arvind_SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2008, 1:11 AM   #6

arvind_SD wrote:
Quote:
Hi Greg,

Could ypou please tell me the settings you used while taking these pictures in the museum?

Thanks,
Arvind
Hi arvind,

I justused the Intelligent Auto setting and let the camera do everything other than pointing the camera itself...I guess one can't hand EVERYTHINg over yet! I even left the AF on the multi-point selection option.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote