Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 9, 2003, 2:21 PM   #51

Default Re: Accessory Lenses?

[quote="dennya"]Panasonic Bob,

Do you know if the accessory lenses will be released in the USA? I'd like to get the 1.5x teleconverter, but it's not listed on the Panasonic site when you click "Accessories" on the FZ-10K.

Just knowing that it's planned for release would be great, but if you have access to pricing info that would be even better.

Eventually they should be available but right now let's concentrate in getting the camera. Once products are announced and we are reasonably shure when they will be available we include them on the web site.
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2003, 11:46 AM   #52

setsan, brdavid:

quotation from the official site talking on arcsoft software:

ArcSoft® PhotoBase?, PhotoImpression?, Panorama Maker? and Image Uploader: Requires Microsoft® Windows® 95, Windows® 98, Windows® Me, Windows® 2000 or Windows® xp, or Macintosh® OS 8.5-OS X (Classic Mode). ArcSoft® PhotoPrinter® Pro requires Microsoft® Windows® 95, Windows® 98, Windows® Me, Windows® 2000 or Windows® xp, or Macintosh® OS 7.5-OS X (Classic Mode). SD Viewer for DSC requires Microsoft® Windows® 95, Windows® Me or Windows® xp.
so it looks like sd viewer for dsc is compatible with windows only. possibly it is not a thing arcsoft could help with.
xixao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2003, 2:44 PM   #53

The specifications for the DMC-FZ10's image format indicate two levels of JPEG compression. What is the range of file sizes Mr. Panasonic is currently seeing for the higher quality 4mpx images? (This will give us some idea of the compression level.) Is it too late for Panasonic to consider adding RAW and/or TIFF formats?

The White Balance options do not list Fluorescent. Is that correct, and if so, can that be added; or does the camera compensate automatically for the bluish hue?

After the camera is released, is it likely that Panasonic will consider adding Firmware-only features to it (such as Pano assist and Final-5 from a burst)? I know that no camera can have everything, but the DMC-FZ10 sounds like it's getting pretty close!
Charlie Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2003, 3:57 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Howard
After the camera is released, is it likely that Panasonic will consider adding Firmware-only features to it (such as Pano assist and Final-5 from a burst)? I know that no camera can have everything, but the DMC-FZ10 sounds like it's getting pretty close!
Cannot speak for Panasonic but it looks to me that they prefer to make release a new product rather than add firmware functionality (cf. FZ2). I would not count on it changing with the FZ10. WYSIWYG.
alexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2003, 8:12 AM   #55

Well, I'd only buy the DMC-FZ10, or latter version, if it can record Mpeg2 (DVD quality) footage.

Panasonic have brought out a tiny camcorder that records Mpeg2 on to a SD card — the SV-AV100. Some details here:
http://www.dcviews.com/press/Panasonic-SV-AV100.htm

I want a digital camera that can also record some high quality footage when I need to. I don't want to carry both a camera and camcorder around.

I'd also like to register another vote for the ability to take TIFF pictures if possible with the FZ10.
commie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2003, 9:44 AM   #56

Commie,

The SV-AVxxx devices are primarily camcorders, though. They shoot pictures at 640x480 -- a third of a megapixel.

I haven't tried the SV-AV100, but I did evaluate the SV-AV30. And it was a terrible camera for stills. The are PDAs that shoot better pictures.

I've found that still cameras make far better video cams than video cams make still cameras. But if you want great quality for either, you really need a dedicated device.
dennya is offline   Reply With Quote