Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 17, 2008, 2:09 PM   #21

What do you keep your auto focus mode on for most of your general point and shoot shots?
gellis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:14 PM   #22

gellis1 wrote:
Quote:
What do you keep your auto focus mode on for most of your general point and shoot shots?
Depends on what I am shooting. For the most part, I leave it on face detection. If there are no faces, the camera reverts to a multi-area focus detection which works fine since depth of field is often more than big enough to cover most subjects. There are times when I want to focus on a specific spot where I will go to spot focus, but for the most part those times are few and far between.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2008, 9:40 AM   #23

Greg Chappell wrote:

Quote:
In the regular mode, you also have the option of turning on the redeye correction tool (the 2nd and 4th options in the flash menu)that fixes redeye at the time the shot is taken.
Just FYI...according to the manual, the intelligent auto mode will automatically select a redeye flash setting if it thinks one is needed.

As far as I can tell, you should leave this camera on intelligent auto all the time, unless you need to invoke one of the specific overrides that the regular auto mode lets you control, such as the autofocus method, the white balance setting, or the light metering method.

Also, the scene modes seem useful for those various specific situations. I'm interested in trying the sports mode vs. intelligent auto with the burst setting.

--Julian
jegelstaff is offline   Reply With Quote