Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 8, 2003, 5:16 AM   #1

Default FZ10 Panasonic Bob

Hello,

some weeks ago I have posted (in dpreview-forum) an answer from panasonic Germany about the coming FZ3 (FZ10).

Bob has than wrote: There is no camera like this and there will no one coming soon. This statement comes more than one time and very strong.

And I have got a Mail from someone else from Panasonic Europe. He has advised me that I not shall write about this rumours, because there will be no camera like this.

Now there is the FZ10 and a new LC1 is coming.

So Bob: Why have you said again and again this is only rumour? What are you say now? How can we trust your words anymore?

For me I have bought shortly a LC5 and it seems it was a mistake. The FZ10 will fit my needings much more and the LC1 sounds also much better. Now I#m sitting with my LC5 here and have no chance to change it.

It's a pitty what are they doing with the buyers.

greetings
Peter von Döllen
petervd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:36 AM   #2

Please reread the first statement I posted when joining this forum. I will reiterate for those who are not aware.

1. Panasonic in the U.S. operates as a totally separate entity from Panasonic in Europe.

2. There have been numerous cases where products that were announced in other parts of the world were never released in the U.S.

3. My responsibility and my permission to comment is strictly limited to the U.S. market and products we have already announced for the U.S. market.

4. At the time the question was presented to me, I was aware of the model number, though no specifications, samples, or intent to offer the product was deligated to the U.S. market.

5. In fact, there was and still is no "FZ3"

6. The FZ10 was announced, it's real, and I am able to respond to questions on it. Please under, respect, and abide by the fact that my participation must follow certain guidelines. I don't make the rules, but I certainly have to follow them.

Many thanks
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2003, 11:49 AM   #3

Default binary observation

Bob,
First, let me say that I read all your comments with interest and appreciate your input.

When I read the original post here I couldn't help but notice that 10 (binary) = 3 (decimal)! Maybe the naming committee had this in mind.

John
myfatbratcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2003, 3:26 PM   #4

That's a good one, I'll have to ask that question!
Honestly, I don't know the reasoning why models are named what they are.

I enjoy trying to help allof you!
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2003, 4:41 PM   #5

Default Factory naming conventions:

Factory naming sources are often a mystery...in the auto Ferrari, for example, the mysterious numbers that accompany many names are the piston diameter of a single cylinder in mm !
Humble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2003, 7:59 PM   #6

10 binary = 2 decimal
11 binary = 3 decimal
Chromudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote