Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 8, 2003, 1:09 PM   #1

Default Independent reviews of the DMC-FZ10

Question for "Panasonic" Bob:
When will the DMC-FZ10 be available for independent reviewers?

Apart from this site, I would also like to see it reviewed by Imaging resource and by Digital Photography Review, as each focuses (no pun intended) on slightly different aspects and the reviews complement each other nicely.

Bob, if you can, please help getting the cameras to the hands of the reviewers (yes, I am aware of the US/UK issue with Phil but still...)

Thank you,
Alex.
alexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2003, 3:07 PM   #2

Panasonic's policy (in the U.S.) has always been that we will provide evaluation samples to recognized organizations, publications and recognized web sites in the United States.

I'm happy to say that this site is "recognized", though I personally have nothing to do with that process. I have passed on the information to Steve as to who he should contact.

At this time we do not have any samples that represent the final product so none are available.

Understand that Panasonic does not request an evaluation - the requests are sent to us.
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2003, 3:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic
Panasonic's policy (in the U.S.) has always been that we will provide evaluation samples to recognized organizations, publications and recognized web sites in the United States.

I'm happy to say that this site is "recognized", though I personally have nothing to do with that process. I have passed on the information to Steve as to who he should contact.

At this time we do not have any samples that represent the final product so none are available.

Understand that Panasonic does not request an evaluation - the requests are sent to us.
Bob,

Can you tell us what other sites are "recognized"?

Thanks,
Alex.
alexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2003, 2:10 PM   #4

I'm sorry, I don't know.
Such issues are handled by our Public Relations department who I rarely communicate with.
Panasonic is offline   Reply With Quote